Page 104 of 414 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY View Post
    Sorry DR but the page refuses to come up
    weird -- it comes up for me when I click it even in your post
    Sorry about that grizzly if you search youtube for hedgerowpete and bees he has 41 videos to pick from
    Makes me smile
    having a rain spell but just got spuds in the ground before it started
    one job done 40,000 to go
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 05-05-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: only mentioned one spud put in lots didn't want to look like an idiot

Default todays news

And me, chrome and mini iPad!
    WW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Came up in the end DR. I suspect its a glitch with our server. H. Pete is quite the comic isn't he ? Down to earth stuff tho'. Sunday looks as tho' its going to be non-stop beekeeping !.

Picked up a copy of "honeybee democracy" on Saturday and have built Seeleys Bait hive for putting out soon. The wife was a bit concerned with lemongrass oil arriving in the post....I think she thought I had gone a bit loopy.

Incidently it is a fantastic book. Anyone else read it ?

Blog Entries

I was lucky enough to see him do a presentation on his work about how bees chose a new home a couple of years ago when he was in NI.
    Best speaker I have heard.
    Must get a copy of the book. It's pretty expensive isn't it.

Not read it yet. But I have read "The Wisdom of the Hive", it made me wiser!. Seriously, I found it to be an excellent book and compulsive reading, my copy is now several years old. I don't know if it has been updated and republished or not.
    I don't suppose there were any revolutionary innovations in the design of the bait hive?

Just discovered that "Honeybee Democracy" is available as an ebook, can't get a connection at present however.
    Last edited by Dark Bee; 06-05-2013 at 09:36 AM.

I think "Wisdom of the hive" is out of print ... I've been trying to get hold of a copy but they tend to be frighteningly expensive. Honeybee Democracy is excellent (and excellent value at about £12).
    Last edited by fatshark; 06-05-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Bee View Post
    Not read it yet. But I have read "The Wisdom of the Hive", it made me wiser!. Seriously, I found it to be an excellent book and compulsive reading, my copy is now several years old. I don't know if it has been updated and republished or not.
    I don't suppose there were any revolutionary innovations in the design of the bait hive?

Just discovered that "Honeybee Democracy" is available as an ebook, can't get a connection at present however.
    I don't think there were any magic innovations on the bait hives. A box about 15" square with a 32mm circular entrance near the bottom, a nail across the entrance to stop birds getting access. Stick it up a tree 3-5m and add few drops of lemongrass oil.

I think I got my copy for about £16.

Thanks for reply, I shall use some national brood boxes as usual then! I keep intending to get lemongrass oil, one wonders if the local chemist (pharmacist) will have much in stock?. There would one assumes, be limited demand for it in a small village

Holland & Barrett sell it.