Page 381 of 414 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4137

Thread: todays news

I should imagine a nice bracing walk would clear your head if it all gets a bit too much

A balmy -3C here in comparison to the temperatures you've got at the moment ... unless you're doing the accounts in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Today I’m doing association accounts for the AGM. Could someone remind me to do Quarterly reconciliations . Oh and get everyone to pay by bank transfer or cheque. Bloomin cash reconciliation doing my head in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Our Association requires members to pay by DD. Those that do not are given 2 weeks to pay by cheque. If they fail to pay, they lose membership and have to pay an extra £5 to rejoin...

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    I should imagine a nice bracing walk would clear your head if it all gets a bit too much

A balmy -3C here in comparison to the temperatures you've got at the moment ... unless you're doing the accounts in Spain
    Not in Spain but Highlands have relatively good weather at present - a few inches of snow, some sun breaking through, cold but not damp. Ideal winter conditions and yes I did have a nice walk to clear the head, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Quote Originally Posted by madasafish View Post
    Our Association requires members to pay by DD. Those that do not are given 2 weeks to pay by cheque. If they fail to pay, they lose membership and have to pay an extra £5 to rejoin...
    Ooh, harsh! Everyone pays but it’s usually in dribs and drabs, AGM, first apiary meet etc. Hadn’t thought of DD but I will now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

As a habitual offender I have to say that DD often saves me the embarrassment of paying my fees in mid-July.

More people skiing than walking in the village today.

Yesterday - son saw snowmen built in the central reservation of a dual carriageway near Norwich as drivers were queued up for so long in the snow they got bored and had a play. That was before the wind came today.

No wind today and some nice sunshine. Went for a stroll to look at a few of my hives at lunchtime and all very busy bringing in Crocus and Snowdrop pollen. Great to see after the last week of poor weather.

it was a bright sunny day this Monday so the (10) colonies at the office car park were flying well and did what bees do after being inside for a few days. They have been at work temporarily due to fears of theft at the other apiary site. First thing I heard on Tuesday morning were complaints about the orange spots on everyone's cars! I have now prepared stands for them at a new safe location so they will be moved in the next few days.

Orkney (it’s usually cool and windy but somehow the bees survive!)

I know the owners of a furniture shop. I think it’s a pretty good swap for one jar of honey. Handy for quick inspections on its own or mixed with hessian for when I’m spending longer with the bees.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

Yes, they are, Lindsay. My neighbour is a chicken farmer, and he used those rolls to make pens when 'tipping in' chicks - that's when new one-day old chicks arrived in the sheds. I got more off-cuts than I could use or even store. He is now becoming an egg farmer and changing the sheds to become free-range sheds for hens. I don't know whether he'll use those rolls of corrugated cardboard again.
    Kitta
    Last edited by Mellifera Crofter; 16-03-2018 at 10:57 AM.