Page 403 of 403 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403
Results 4,021 to 4,023 of 4023

Thread: todays news

Quote Originally Posted by Mellifera Crofter View Post
    Three or four castors, Fatshark?

Somebody told me some years ago an extractor needs three castors (or ballbearings) - like washing machines.

I fixed mine to an old dolly I had with two swivel castors and two fixed ones. I thought that probably works a bit like having only three castors (?). Itís now working a lot better than when I had it fixed to the pallet on which it arrived. Then I could hardly set it higher than 7 or it would hop around frighteningly. Now a 10 is easy.
    I have three legged extractor with castors... it does hardly vibrate...(I ignore the spelling politzei :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellifera Crofter View Post
    I see, Fatshark - it can be either (but I prefer 'castor'). I've even found a new definition: the pelt of a beaver, or medicine made from a beaver's perineal sacs; and a hat made from beaver fur.

As for 'caster' also being a small maggot ... I shouldn't want to literally translate my own surname with that: a pot maggot (a foundryman, I think - somebody who casts pots).
    Kitta
    Being associated with the drinks industry we get booze related notices sometimes.....your reply reminded me of this !

http://tamworthdistilling.com/spirit...h-eau-de-musc/

Charming!

I'm "associated with the drinks industry" .... but only on Friday and Saturday nights ... hic!

What a filthy afternoon. Raining hard in St Andrews and a few peals of thunder. I have 14 wet supers to return to colonies and I've forgotten my welly boots. D'oh!