All useful stuff. At the moment I'm thinking of doing the following:

1) Put the frames together in the usual way minus the "Wedge" on the top bar.

2) Drill holes approx 1/3 and 2/3 down on the sidebars

3) Run 30lb fishing line through these (horizontal support)

4) I'm currently thinking that some small screws that won't go right through the sidebars are possibly the easiest way to tension and fix the line. i.e. wrap the line once around the screw and screw it into the sidebar, tension and repeat on the other side.

5) I've got my cappings wax which I'm intending to use to make starter strips. In the supers last year I had some wireless foundation left over and I fixed 1/2 of the length of the foundation and maybe 4-5 cells deep to the middle of the frame, simply push fixing it onto the top bar.

So about 2 inches wide by half an inch deep.

I want to bailey change a double brood national onto 14x12s in the spring so I'm thinking that alternating foundation with frames with strips will hopefully minimise the chance that I'll get comb in all sorts of wierd and wonderful shapes and I can then start to shuffle things around accordingly. I might start off sticking all the foundation in the middle and then moving drawn frames to accomodate starter strips.

I know that's kind of a halfway house to start, but I'm lacking in 14x12 combs at the moment but figure once I've got one brood box going I use that as a "factory" to get some comb to use in any subsequent brood boxes.