Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum update

Blog Entries

Cool Forum update

Well folks, we've let things slide for too long. Me in particular. For the best part of a year we've had a wonderful, informative, hopefully sometimes entertaining, relaxed place where Scottish beekeepers and friends from elsewhere can exchange pleasantries and information on beekeeping. We are about to return to that ideal. The folk with their fingers on the buttons, including me, will now move posts that we regard as unsuitable to a new area as soon as we can. Posts that get too personal, are overly repetitive, with too much cutting and pasting, are pursuing campaigns not directly linked to beekeeping, or just seem to be trying to inflame things. Those posts will move to a special area within the 'Environmental issues' forum where people can go for such arguments if they wish. The main Environmental issues area will host sensible, rational, logical, polite discussion only.

This is the mildest level of control possible in the circumstances, apart from doing nothing which is not an option. No posts will be lost, no-one can make claims of
    censorship, and the rules are clear. There are other things we can do if unpleasantness persists, but there is no need for that now.

The other suggestion of focussed discussion linked to the Scottish Beekeeper will be pursued separately a little later.

happy posting everyone, and please be nice!

Gavin

Hi Gavin
    Gavin wrote:
    This is the mildest level of control possible in the circumstances, apart from doing nothing which is not an option. No posts will be lost, no-one can make claims of censorship, and the rules are clear. There are other things we can do if unpleasantness persists, but there is no need for that now.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::

I've been looking for "Yet Another Puzzle" Gavin - any ideas?

Eric

Blog Entries

Yes Eric, it is in this area of the forum, 'Everything and Anything'. So, click on 'Everything and Anything' above, but then as that thread has been dormant it has slipped back to the second page (click number 2!). It had its last contribution on 15 December and you'll find them in date order.

all the best

Gavin

Hi Gavin

Many thanks for that!

eric

Gavin is it possible to have a collated "information" page in a similar format to that used by the Edinburg beekeepers.This is full of up to date useful info and articles but only available if you subscribe to their forum.????

Blog Entries

Hi John

I do like their 'ezine' (even though my first experience of it was unfounded criticism of the initial response to the EFB outbreak which implied fingers being pointed at me!). Iain does a good job.

He probably wouldn't want it distributed through this forum as it links to his own one. Should we repeat the exercise? Not sure, it must be a lot of work collating those reports. Another thing we could do is try to update the 'Home' page more regularly which currently also draws on other media reports and adds the cream of the posts here and some SBA-related things. That may be a better way forward as Iain's reports are often a little dated by the time they get circulated.

Gavin

Right Gavin ,point taken.

Blog Entries

Another thing we could do is try to update the 'Home' page more regularly which currently also draws on other media reports
    That a good idea. The site users could PM you the link for perusal if something bee related appears in the media.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That a good idea. The site users could PM you the link for perusal if something bee related appears in the media.
    That could work. Or maybe there is someone out there who would like some involvement in developing the site?

Is this one to start us off?! As it happens my assistant saw something that might be relevant to the investigation so we've passed that on.

G.

Blog Entries

Right folks! Nellie has kindly agreed to be 'Home page monitor'. He will look out for newsy items to add to the Home page so if anyone sees anything that you think may be worth pointing folk towards then send him a PM. I can do it too, but he will probably do it faster. Maybe we'll discuss some of them here too.

One more change: I'm going to add a forum area on Queen Raising, and hope that the 'Scaling Up' one provides a home for those interested in selling honey, making the transition to semi-commercial, or even discuss the issues of being fully commercial.

Perhaps it is also time to revive the idea of having a focussed discussion area.

Gavin