Thread: grumble

Blog Entries

Default grumble

Just stood in the cold for 20 minutes festooned with laptop, projector and other talk related gubbins wondering why all the lights were switched off when the penny finally dropped that the talk's tomorrow.

Someone elses misfortune always raises a smile. :-)

Blog Entries

Reminds me of a couple of local association committee meetings back when I turned upon the Monday night, forgetting to remember that it had been shifted to Tuesdays and taking ages to work it out ....

One of those Amelie Poulain moments, when she tricked the unpleasant greengrocer into rising too early. I'd have YouTubed it, but I can't find the right episode.

At least I just had an A4 folder with me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    Just stood in the cold for 20 minutes festooned with laptop, projector and other talk related gubbins wondering why all the lights were switched off when the penny finally dropped that the talk's tomorrow.
    And you haven't even hit 40 yet!! Good luck in your dotage.

Blog Entries

On the plus side at least I didn't turn up tomorrow night. Went rather well I thought, another to do on Friday, what idiot booked me for a talk on a friday night? And for no fee, sigh.

Blog Entries

How it feels sometimes.

Nooooooo! Did something similar - had laptop, projector and forgot the USB stick! Did my talk to a background of bee/hive/etc pictures running continuously.

Never forgot it again!

Eb

Blog Entries

Nellie, if that is really what you feel like, then I guess you need some real help. OR maybe someone is telling you something???

That poor wee kitten!

Blog Entries

That talk might have been a cracker EB. I was at a scientific talk on biodiversity once and the speaker just held forth while images of wonderful natural habitats flicked passed behind her. Very impressive.

Maybe that's what Nellie's significant other has to do to get him to leave his PC alone and go to bed at nights?! If you're reading N, hope the talk goes well.

Blog Entries

Good talk tonight. Only had to go back home once because I forgot the projector! Good questions too, always think you can judge how you did by the questions that get asked at the end though maybe I should be more diplomatic when the subject of phone masts comes up.