Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monsanto Saviorof the World - Who are Monsanto?

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Where's that 'I agree' smiley thing when you need it?!
    Gavin wrote elsewhere:
    Anyway, Eric had provoked me and I probably shouldn't have mentioned your name.
    > I'll try to be more careful in future.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;
    Gavin
    You are getting deeper and deeper into the mire. Please explain this provocation. I am still waiting on the editorial offensive material being tabled!

What is the problem with presenting the alleged smear material for public viewing?

E

Blog Entries

Not regulated?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    .................................................. .....

Are you then in denial of Climate Change? Think BIG! The experts tell us that twmperature are rising - how fast is the question! I can disagree with somebody's idea but I do not try to belittle them. LIve and let live!
    I fear that you are misunderstanding Jon again. His point was not that he is a climate change denier (he most certainly is not), but that your campaigning colleague and media man Graham White wrote a comment at the Independent newspaper's site (on an article about the looming food supply problems). That comment was a bit of a rant and exposed that he has a very shaky grip on the big environmental issues of the day. I copied his rant here so just click if you want to know who the real climate change denier is.

You are getting very repetitive now and it is getting very tiresome. The snippet of a private email you are bandying about was well-intentioned and the rest of it tried to assure the complainer that I was *not* saying that he had posted on this site. That seemed to be the reason for his post, that he thought I had claimed he had posted here. Sounds like he is equally as confused as you.

Regarding the quality of pieces in the SB - your reign there ended about 5 years ago I believe. Ancient history. Not worth spending more time on.

Blog Entries

Nellie wrote:
    I'm a bit of a lefty so I'm all for robust legislation and regulation of industry and I don't see why multinationals should be any different.

Agreed! But the ones's in question are not regulated. That is the root of the problem!
    E
    That's a bit of a blanket statement to try and address. At what level is there a lack of regulation? Do the regulations exist but they simply aren't being enforced or are you saying that it doesn't exist full stop?

If you're suggesting that there isn't a single set of global regulation that applies to an organisation's operation regardless of the geographic location then I probably won't disagree with you if nothing else because I simply don't know enough about international law to offer even an opinion.

How do you get that implemented and enforced when supposedly educated people in a country like the UK scream blue murder over the influence of the EU let alone something imposed at a global level and who's responsible for enforcing that legislation? The Americans wont be bothered about trying to impose stricter regulation at any level, let alone global because they'll perceive it as hurting their (business) interests.

Gavin wrote on 31/1/11
    Regarding the quality of pieces in the SB - your reign there ended about 5 years ago I believe. Ancient history. Not worth spending more time on.[/QGaUOTE]
    .................................................. .............................
    Gavin
    This squirm is not good enough. Your slander was committed on the 29/1/11 and is far from ancient history. Produce the alleged smears or aplogise. Administrator are not above the law! You have brought this forum into disrepute - unless yoiu can substatiate your allegation.
    Eric
    .................................................. ........................
    Gavin wrote in the thread: Monsanto Saviour of the World - Who are Monsanto? started 29/1/11

"In your time as Scottish Beekeeper editor you had free reign to publish any kind of smear you could get your hands on. This place is different. Keep your posts relevant to beekeeping please".

Blog Entries

.................................................. .....

Are you then in denial of Climate Change? Think BIG! The experts tell us that twmperature are rising - how fast is the question! I can disagree with somebody's idea but I do not try to belittle them. LIve and let live!
    Even under worst case scenarios I don't think we will see fields of cotton and soya in Scotland in your lifetime or mine, let alone Brazil nuts.
    Step back and look how frivolous an argument that is.
    I am not trying to belittle your mate borderbeeman, just some of his arguments. Damned sure I will argue with him about climate change when he is talking the kind of reactionary rubbish more oft found in the pages of the Daily Mail or a petrochemical industry circular.

99% of the science supports the hypothesis that climate change is related to mankind's activities on the planet.
    Last edited by Jon; 31-01-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Hi Nellie
    GM crops were introduced as being no different from conventional crops during the Reagan administration in America. Check up on Dan Qualye's speech about the introduction - he dwells strongny on the "no need for regulation" angle! No paste ups! Use Google for the speech!

Eric

Jon wrote:
    [QUOTE=Jon;3807]Actually Eric there is only one poster who tends to attack the person rather than the argument and unfortunately it's you.

.................................................. ......

Hi Jon
    Try this for size! I am still waiting on a show of these smears or an apology!
    I will ignore your bias!
    Eric
    Gavin wrote in the thread: Monsanto Saviour of the World - Who are Monsanto? started 29/1/11
    "In your time as Scottish Beekeeper editor you had free reign to publish any kind of smear you could get your hands on. This place is different. Keep your posts relevant to beekeeping please".

Blog Entries

Eric.
    Anyone who had the time or inclination to read through your posts could easily pick out dozens of abusive comments made against other people who post here. have a read back over your own posts to see what I mean. If you think you are without sin in this respect, then by all means start firing stones - but your posts are available for all to see so this smacks of hypocracy.
    Personally I don't care as I have a thick skin. I prefer to debunk your arguments rather than have a pop back.

Blog Entries

Eric

I am not prepared to prolong this into a massive review of your tenure as editor of the Scottish Beekeeper. For one thing the 252 post thread on inbreeding here showed that with a massive effort we can sometimes persuade you that you were wrong, but any lessons learned are soon forgotten. Why should I or anyone else now waste our time on articles you published 5, 10 even 15 years ago? It is history.

If anyone doubts my comments on your quality as an editor, they just have to look back to yesterday. You published this smear on SBAi, something, like many of your SB pieces, you picked up from a dodgy anti-corporate/anti-GM website:

One long-standing project of the US Government has been to perfect a genetically-modified variety of corn, the diet staple in Mexico and many other Latin American countries. The corn has been field tested in tests financed by the US Department of Agriculture .....

[snip]

Spermicides hidden in GMO corn provided to starving Third World populations through the generosity of the Gates’ foundation, Rockefeller Foundation and Kofi Annan’s AGRA or vaccines that contain undisclosed sterilization agents are just two documented cases of using vaccines or GMO seeds to “reduce population.”
    What is that if not a smear - a smear on those developing the technology and a smear on the US government? It was even a smear on Kofi Annan!! Utterly bonkers, and the kind of thing that can get forums into trouble unless brought under control. Self-control doesn't seem to be something you have in abundance.

This is what AGRA is about. Most definitely a force for good.

http://www.agra-alliance.org/

Gavin

Default Eric wind yer neck in !!!

Who really wants to read and tolerate the persistant tripe which you keep posting. It'd be half the battle if you wrote it yourself however its always cut n pasted utter rubbish. I could of swore i registered with a beekeeping forum to discuss, aid and assist matters related to BEES. Gavin has done a fantastic job of bringing the SBA out of the dark ages where someone is always available to answer a question or problem posed and should be praised for what he is doing for the SBA instead of being slated by the likes of you. You are a menace to this society and as such you should be banished to a dark corner which i'm sure Gavin could create for you as part of forum changes.

So wind your neck in Eric and give us peace. Im sure im not alone in these thoughts.