Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monsanto Saviorof the World - Who are Monsanto?

Jon
    This is discussion? Google Artic seed Vault Rockefeller, Gates, Monsanto.

Eric
    Jon wrote:
    Originally Posted by Eric McArthur
    29/1/11
    Beekeepers will be harvesting honey from a plethora of GM nectar bearing crops in the not too far distant future. This will of course be GM honey.
    plethora [ˈplɛθərə]: superfluity or excess; overabundance

Hmm.
    Apart from oil seed rape what other nectar bearing GMOs do you think are about to invade Scotland on the coat tails of Monsanto.

I don't think Scotland has the climate for Brazil Nuts, Soya, cotton or papaya!
    Have you done your research Eric or is this just personal speculation?
    let's have your list then.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    OSR, Phacelia, beans, peas, potatoes (Honey dew via aphid !), clover, Maize(pollen)
    Soya, alfalfa (think Global Warming!).
    Seed nurseries growing turnips, cabbage, in fact all the economically viable food crops. (all Monsanto controlled ultimately)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    OSR, Phacelia, beans, peas, potatoes (Honey dew via aphid !), clover, Maize(pollen)
    Soya, alfalfa (think Global Warming!).
    Seed nurseries growing turnips, cabbage, in fact all the economically viable food crops. (all Monsanto controlled ultimately)
    Could I trouble you for some evidence?

Jon
    Soya, alfalfa and maize are already GM'd, Monsanto will not stop until they have patents for everything we eat and wear -try GM cotton,which is causing mass suicides of Indian farmers as their fields become choked with resistant weeds and the become bankrupt! Fact! Comments on the Arctic seed bank in private GM company control, please!

Eric

Blog Entries

I think I already posted in another thread that the main problem I have with GM is companies like Monsanto.

Alfalfa and Soya will not grow outdoors in the UK.
    Soya in particular is a delicate little crop in my experience and I have grown both.
    If you need to invoke Global warming that sounds like a fairly weak argument to me and you will fall out with your climate change denier friend Mr Borderbeeman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    Hi Nellie
    The avenue of abuse is not being used by me - Gavin has had to aplogise for this elsewhere! You asked for measured debate recently. I responded! You had the chance to use your obvious ability with rhetoric to rebutt or otherwise. Where is this willingness to discuss- without rancou? I have only submitted material that is in the public domain.
    Eric

Eric
    Don't really have anything to say on Monsanto to be perfectly honest as I don't really see how it's relevant to beekeeping. I'm a bit of a lefty so I'm all for robust legislation and regulation of industry and I don't see why multinationals should be any different which is about as much of an opinion as I can muster.

As for abuse, you've offered your opinion of the poster rather than the points or questions they raised on more than one occasion, but I'll take leaving that avenue of "discussion" for the time being as progress.
    Last edited by Neils; 30-01-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Where's that 'I agree' smiley thing when you need it?!

Blog Entries

doh...

Blog Entries

and .....

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I think I already posted in another thread that the main problem I have with GM is companies like Monsanto.

Alfalfa and Soya will not grow outdoors in the UK.
    Soya in particular is a delicate little crop in my experience and I have grown both.
    If you need to invoke Global warming that sounds like a fairly weak argument to me and you will fall out with your climate change denier friend Mr Borderbeeman.
    .................................................. .....

Are you then in denial of Climate Change? Think BIG! The experts tell us that twmperature are rising - how fast is the question! I can disagree with somebody's idea but I do not try to belittle them. LIve and let live!

Nellie wrote:
    I'm a bit of a lefty so I'm all for robust legislation and regulation of industry and I don't see why multinationals should be any different.

Agreed! But the ones's in question are not regulated. That is the root of the problem!
    E