Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monsanto Saviorof the World - Who are Monsanto?

Default Monsanto Saviorof the World - Who are Monsanto?

Hi All

This material is in the public domain and is fact! Have squint at the link. It makes for interesting viewing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvGdd...eature=related

Eric

Blog Entries

10 minutes of my life wasted.

So the video is relevant to your hatred of biotechnology companies. What in the video is directly relevant to beekeeping?

Accusations that a large American corporation polluted the environment around its factory and was not properly called to account by American regulators. It may or may not be true. It wouldn't be surprising if it was, but this is just a set of accusations against an American company.

Before you start, and given your inability to remember what went before, I suppose that I should just re-iterate that I don't like large corporation power in agriculture either.

In your time as Scottish Beekeeper editor you had free reign to publish any kind of smear you could get your hands on. This place is different. Keep your posts relevant to beekeeping please.

This thread is now closed.

And opened again. Simply because there was a need for a home for some stuff that was posted inappropriately elsewhere.
    Last edited by gavin; 30-01-2011 at 10:35 PM.

This post and the following ones were posted in various threads in the 'Anything and everything' forum. After discussion between Moderators, it was decided to set some criteria for removing unhelpful, irrelevant or trouble-making posts to this 'Over the edge' area. The intention is to return the form to polite, helpful discussion. We seek everyone's cooperation with this and will use additional powers if such unhelpful posts continue.

Gavin (Admin and Moderator)

Gavin wrote:
    I can brush off criticism!
    .................................................. .......
    Gavin
    Does that include constructive criticism?
    .................................................. ......
    Gavin wrote:
    Your anti-Monsanto one was just that, anti-Monsanto. Nothing directly to do with beekeeping, but of course as you think that we are on the verge of turning over the food supply to their control you may see things differently. Tough.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Gavin
    Monsanto already have a virtual monopoly on American food supplies – check up on who owns the bulk if not all seed dealerships in America. If the members of this forum are in denial of the intentions of Monsanto. So be it!
    Considering that you stood up at a recent SBA AGM and castigated me for alleging that you were extremely pro GM, which you vehemently denied. How can you possibly justify this almost obsessive need to cover up Monsanto’s anti-social and wicked behaviour relative to respected scientists like Arnpad Pusztai, Percy Schmeiser and the German pig farmers. To name but a few victims of Monsanto’s actions.
    Simple question – Bernie Madoff (great name!) made off with the life savings of thousands of gullible folk in America. When he has done has time would you invest in any new financial undertaking with him? Monsanto has been convicted of the most heinous crimes against society and individuals and is still subject to litigation. Have you no qualms about your future food security being in their hands? The worst form of dogma is “I don’t know and I don’t want to know”!
    Gavin wrote.
    Pre-Eric we were achieving the aim of having rational, sensible debate in a better way than other places on the internet, I believe. To some extent having Eric here letting off stream has allowed us to expose his opinions to the debate that never properly came when he simply held forth in the SBA's magazine, so I've seen this open and rapid challenging of his misconceptions as a positive thing.
    Hi Gavin
    I understand this to mean that nobody had the temerity to even think about writing anything challenging or which might upset your sermons, and I quote from your post of last night, - ”I've already had one complaining email tonight from a forum watcher who was probably tipped off by a disgruntled poster.) My God somebody complained! – “Off with his head”!
    As an aside I have in never deliberately set about disrupting this forum, which, in my opinion has a great future if open discussion is permitted. it must have been noticed that anything ”white” I wrote was “black” and anything “black! I wrote was white, in the eyes of the trusty forum core! The threads in question just took on a life of their own – as does any subject which fires the public imagination.
    .................................................. ................................................
    Gavin wrote:
    In your time as Scottish Beekeeper editor you had free reign to publish any kind of smear you could get your hands on. This place is different. Keep your posts relevant to beekeeping please.
    Gavin
    The above accusation is actually malicious slander! This is not the behaviour becoming of an impartial administrator. I have asked you quite reasonably on a number of occasions now to table any of the offending literature, which I wrote as editor and we can discuss its merits or otherwise. Note “Discuss”! Otherwise an apology is in order as you have also impugned the integrity of the Scottish Beekeeper magazine and by association the SBA itself!
    Last edited by gavin; 02-02-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    Bernie Madoff (great name!) made off with the life savings of thousands of gullible folk in America. When he has done has time would you invest in any new financial undertaking with him? Monsanto has been convicted of the most heinous crimes against society and individuals and is still subject to litigation. Have you no qualms about your future food security being in their hands? The worst form of dogma is “I don’t know and I don’t want to know”!
    Bernie Madoff is in his 70s and he was sentenced to 150 years so I would hazard a guess that your rhetorical question is likely to be academic.
    Par for the course. As accurate as most of your other 'facts' such as the US and Bill Gates using GMOs to render the developing world sterile. What a load of old clap trap. How can anyone believe such stuff? I suspect there is a website somewhere which lists all that nonsense which has dinosaurs in its url?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/29/news...ion=2009062909

Leaving Ponzi schemes to the side for a minute, I think your logic is completely spurious.

Would you boycott the British Government because it used to be actively involved in promoting the slave trade.

What about buying a Fiat Punto. The Romans wreaked environmental havoc bringing their exotic plants and agriculture to Boadiceas's Island.
    I hear it was a centurion who flicked himalayan balsam seeds over Hadrian's wall.
    Last edited by Jon; 30-01-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Snopes is normally pretty good at investigating Internet "truths"

Can we mandate the use of the quote facility as well?

Jon
    Your ploy of rubbishing is the device of a defeatist - this is "Diccussion"?

Check this link out! I have lots more!

http://nwoobserver.wordpress.com/tag...lation-agenda/

Eric

Hi Alex

Yiou seem a moderate individual keep plugging for discussion. I am into that without sarcasm!

Eric

Gavin wrote elsewhere:
    Anyway, Eric had provoked me and I probably shouldn't have mentioned your name.
    > I'll try to be more careful in future.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;
    Gavin
    You are getting deeper and deeper into the mire. Please explain this provocation. I am still waiting on the editorial offensive material being tabled!
    Eric

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post

Check this link out! I have lots more!

http://nwoobserver.wordpress.com/tag...lation-agenda/

Eric
    I am sure you have Eric but if they are like this one they are pure fantasy. Are you really as naive as you appear to be?
    Do you believe all the daft claims posted all over the Internet? You seem to.
    That is entirely your perogative of course but I think you will find most posters here have a greater appetite for the truth and robustness of the source material.

Here is another article from the same source NWO Observer which as far as I can see is Conspiracy Theory Central.

David Icke - surely no man would dare to question the validity of his word.
    Why waste time with this rubbish on a thread discussing scientific debate.

What about the serious point I made re your earlier post?
    Are you really suggesting that ancient history should be used to dismiss a modern company such as the oft mentioned link between Bayer and IG Farben.
    At what point in the past would you draw the line. That's why i mentioned the Romans as I am curious to tease out the inner workings of your logic.

I have only submitted material that is in the public domain
    A lot of what is in the public domain is clearly inaccurate or untrue.
    Do you believe everything you read in the papers, even if written by an 'award winning' journalist!!
    Why submit this stuff just because it suits your agenda.
    This is propaganda rather than science.
    Last edited by Jon; 30-01-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Hi Nellie
    The avenue of abuse is not being used by me - Gavin has had to aplogise for this elsewhere! You asked for measured debate recently. I responded! You had the chance to use your obvious ability with rhetoric to rebutt or otherwise. Where is this willingness to discuss- without rancou? I have only submitted material that is in the public domain.
    Eric

Eric