Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: BBKA Pesticde Decision

Hi Gavin
    Apart from the Jerry Bromenshenk’s suspect study. Please point me in the direction of any INDEPENDENT research which gives your pro -GM, pro- pesticide stand-point any credibility.
    Anyone interested in who USDA Secretary, Tom Vilsack used to work for? The corruption and conflict of interests of the folk singing from your hymn sheet beggars belief.
    Eric
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;
    (NaturalNews) Wikileaks continues to rock the political world by shedding light on conspiracies, corruption and cover-ups. The latest batch of diplomatic cables released by Wikileaks reveals what can only be characterized as a U.S.-led conspiracy to force GMOs onto European countries by making those countries pay a steep price if they resist.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/030828_GM...#ixzz1C9oOqEoc
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    http://www.NaturalNews.com/031093_un...ific_GMOs.html
    "Unscientific" is secret code for anyone who opposes GMOs or pesticides
    Monday, January 24, 2011
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com (See all articles...)
    (NaturalNews) Watch out for the word "unscientific" in propaganda that's pushing GMOs, pesticides or other dangerous chemicals onto our world. In a joint letter to USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack, three Republican members of Congress (Rep. Frank Lucas, Sen. Saxby Chambliss, Sen. Pat Roberts) attempted to spin GMOs as being "scientific."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    - except, to concede your point, over vast time scales!
    Eric
    Not necessarily over vast time scales.
    I believe it happens on a regular basis.
    Bits of viral dna can get incorporated into other genomes.
    DNA is just a series of base pairs irrespective of its origin.

Gavin you should explain this, it's not my day job. I'll only dig myself into a hole!

Blog Entries

You're doing very well!

Eric - I agree, time to discuss the science. I'm thinking that maybe we should do this properly. A new area to discuss science as it relates to beekeeping. Calmly. A resource that will grow over time and people can refer to. Maybe a special area for it but with controlled starting of threads, and one thread per piece of science for debate. Good idea or not?

G.

Orkney (it’s usually cool and windy but somehow the bees survive!)

Hello Gavin
    I haven’t been spending all my time trawling the internet for links to this thread. I came across the N Z link by shear chance because I’m a regular visitor to that website.
    I agree with everything you said in post 90 including the gender issue. (I hope Eric doesn’t have trouble differentiating between drones and workers) Having no scientific knowledge what so ever I think it’s best I remain neutral but I wont be sticking my head in the sand.
    I feel that for many years beekeeping in Orkney was a case of the blind leading the blind with myself included.(with the exception of Hugh Clyde) Therefore I value this website for its ideas and exchanges of information even if we have to agree to disagree.
    Finally I spent this morning helping a beginner move his hive about 20 meters to a more sheltered spot in his garden. His bees seemed ok and it was nice to get hands on at this time of year.
    Last edited by lindsay s; 27-01-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Hi Gavin

Why not?

I look forward to some objective stuff on the pro - GM /pesticides issue from you which is Independent of Monsanto et al

Eric

Hi Lindsay
    Gavin wrote:
    The piece you quoted Lindsay was just opinion though.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Everytthing which contradicts or questions intelligently Gavins doctrine - is either rubbish or "opinion".
    By the bye I know at least 4 ladies in my circle called Lindsay! Regarding your "aspersions" on my beekeeping lore. If you wish I will question yours! To which location do you think the bees from your 20 metre dispaced hive will return after their early cleansing flights?
    Eric

Hi John
    I liked your reference to "Bits of viral dna can get incorporated into other genomes" - just the stuff that the Monsanto blunderbuss shoot into its - "to be modified" target plants. This is science? - It smacks of the electric shock treatment used by promordial mind doctors, or worse the highly qualified barbers and quacks who bled seriously ill patients to cleanse their bodies - which usualy became dead quite quickly after the cure!

Eric

Blog Entries

I believe that Jon was trying to describe a purely natural process.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    Everytthing which contradicts or questions intelligently Gavins doctrine - is either rubbish or "opinion".
    Sorry Eric, I try hard to retain scientific impartiality. I will criticise and contradict when the evidence says it is right to do so. Opinion and fact are quite easy to tell apart when you start to try.

Yes, I will go ahead with an area on science ... not quite yet as I have a few pressing things to sort first.

Jon wrote.
    I believe it happens on a regular basis.

Hi
    Not over night it don't!

Eric