Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What makes a beekeeper - a special beekeeper?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    Hi Jon
    I think we are both in deep trouble here - we are both in agreement!
    Regards
    Eric
    Eric I imagine we would agree on a lot of things but I haven't caught pesticide fever yet.
    I agree that Blair is a joker but the joke's not funny

Hi Jon
    I’m happy to accept that there is common ground for our views on many aspects of beekeeping. I am reassured with your philosophy on the wicked witch of the South.
    The jury is will be debating the pesticides issue at EU level soon.
    I see you all you guys are on side with academic thinking. I’d like a look into the Prof’s crystal ball or perhaps he has the mirror in Snow White (see his quote below!) – wicked witches spring to mind!
    I’m betting that he will ultimately have to eat the egg on his face. The imidacloprid/Nosema interaction school is gathering momentum.
    As is the rebellion which has been simmering for the last three years relative to the BBKA Pesticides Sponsorships. Yorkshire Beekeepers seemingly have had a sea change. The result of the January meeting will be interesting. I’m betting a jar of honey on the result – worth about £100 up here!
    A lot of stuff in this – some might even say drivel – Time will tell and as Grizzly so rightly implies I might just not have enough of that left to experience the final positive (for the anti multi school!) outcome!

Regards
    Eric
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    A discussion paper published by the influential Health and Consumer Policy Commissioner, John Dalli, said strategies in place or being planned included:
    "Approve pesticides at EU level only if they are safe for honeybees."
    http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/farmi...-in.6656982.jp
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Professor Francis Ratnieks of Sussex University is immediately quoted in the EU Observer, and the Malta Independent pooh-poohing the idea that pesticides might be a crucial factor in the current issueglobal bee apocalypse. It is all about habitat loss apparently - pesticides aren't really much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY View Post
    Eric its as daft as the myth that bee venom can cure/ease arthrytis.How many arthrytic beekeepers do you know?.My father was a life-long sufferer from psoriasis - the cure--- U.V. - i.e sunshine.No medications worked including honey et. etc. but sunshine would diminish the symptoms to the point of total dissappearance but it would always come back !! A study group of 21 is so small that even 100% success rate doesn't count as the next 21 people could reverse the findings.Sampling should be over as large a sample group as possible - possibly thousands before difinative results can be believed.As for your "siren",she seems to have flooded your brain with positive "endorfines" or whatever you call the things.I think you must have reached that "certain age" Eric.

Hi Grizzly
    We all live in parallel worlds and as I said we are all flawed! Just got to get on with whatever switches us on. Perhaps we could meet on neutral ground next summer and beat the subject (not Gloria!) to an amicable conclusion with a few pints – loser buys! No?
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    Hi Grizzly
    We all live in parallel worlds and as I said we are all flawed! Just got to get on with whatever switches us on. Perhaps we could meet on neutral ground next summer and beat the subject (not Gloria!) to an amicable conclusion with a few pints – loser buys! No?
    Eric
    Now we're talking sense,good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY View Post
    Now we're talking sense,good idea.
    Hi Grizzly

See you in Stranraer in May! Deal!

Eric