Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes a beekeeper - a special beekeeper?

Default What makes a beekeeper - a special beekeeper?

Hi All
    Google "Gloria Havenhand and be inspired

Eric

Blog Entries

Hi Eric. Any particular link in mind? I don't have the time to read all that google offered!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Hi Eric. Any particular link in mind? I don't have the time to read all that google offered!!
    Hi Chris
    You'll find the lady here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/...ure-honey.html

Regards

Eric

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

Eric,

I followed the link from the article you mentioned to Gloria's own website and I just wonder - why does she call her honey 'bio-active antibacterial honey'? Is her honey any different from honey produced by any of us who cold-filter our honey? Isn't that title a bit of a con? I think it would have been better, and more honest, if she had just said that her honey is cold-filtered and explained why that is preferable. Also, what exactly does 'bio-active' mean?

Kitta

Blog Entries

She need to be careful with the health claims she is making. Prostate troubles, psoraisis - really?! One you get to the 'Einstein' bit you know you are dealing with hyperbole and lazy journalism ... but I suppose it is the Daily Mail after all.

Gavin

Hi Gavin

Don't give up your day job!

She need to be careful with the health claims she is making. Prostate troubles, psoraisis - really?! One you get to the 'Einstein' bit you know you are dealing with hyperbole and lazy journalism ... but I suppose it is the Daily Mail after all.
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    She (needs) to be careful with the health claims she is making. Prostate troubles, psoraisis (psoriasis) - really?! (Once) you get to the 'Einstein' bit you know you are dealing with hyperbole and lazy journalism ... but I suppose it is the Daily Mail after all.
    Throwing stones and glass houses springs to mind!

Regards

Eric

Hi Kitta

Don't shoot the messenger! Write and tell her to get her act together!

Eric

Blog Entries

So you are saying now that she (Gloria Havenhand) is both inspirational *and* needs to get her act together? You were more than just a messenger, you were asking us to be inspired by drivel, and a claiming that she was a 'special beekeeper'!

Blog Entries

Apparently she's so special her bees don't have varroa ... in England???? She has to wear 3 layers of trousers and use gaffer tape anywhere the bees might get in? What on earth sorts of bees is she keeping, I wonder? Or is it the way she handles them?

On the other hand, this is a reporter's blurb and I've seen for myself this month what someone who is not into bees can make of what a beekeeper says, so maybe she's not making all the claims the article thinks she is. I hope.

Blog Entries

A good beekeeper keeps their bees in good health and alive, they also select and raise good quality queens.
    A special beekeeper also inspires people to become beekeepers and inspires beekeepers to become good beekeepers.
    Boring answer but its mine.
    Must say I was not impressed with the link supplied - at least some of the assertations in the article are BS making the whole message void for me.
    A little exaduration I can accept but mixed with crap it is unpalatable.

Gloria, who becomes a veritable bee-whisperer, almost sweet-talking her bees to keep them calm. ‘But I still wear my helmet, three pairs of trousers, three jumpers, with gaffer tape around the tops of my boots and at the edge of my gloves.’
    - hahaha lmao cant be very good at stock selection if she has to wear 3 pairs of trousers. And must be really special if she is so afraid of the benifits of bee venom that she uses gaffer tape- great advertisement for the gentle art of beekeeping...

Eric I assume you mean special in a special way?