Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabin fever...

Blog Entries

Default Cabin fever...

...is definitely starting to kick in on the east coast with some in Perthshire already proposing short term survival on a diet of bee egg cuticle soup.
    Those of more sound mind have elected for the 20 potato per day diet

They say that this cold spell could last for 33 days so who knows where it will all end.

Last edited by Jon; 30-11-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Nice to see that you've mastered the art of posting videos! But how did you get it so far to the right?

Thankfully I escaped and stocked up on potatoes (and red wine, but that is less important) this afternoon. The journey into Dundee was enlivened by balancing an unfeasible amount of snow on the car roof, which may have been why the car felt unusually wobbly. The cars in Dundee seemed less impressively adorned. However I've just seen cars in Auchterarder on the BBC news and I'm jealous. Can't match the three metre (slight exaggeration) hats on the vehicles there. Almost worth moving 20 miles along the road.

G.

Blog Entries

It's plum centre of my screen. Must be a browser issue. Or dodgy vBulletin software.

Edited it. Is that better?

Blog Entries

'Twas centred until run, then it showed itself to the right of the screen .... but now all quirkiness seems to have gone.

Blog Entries

Can't match the three metre (slight exaggeration) hats on the vehicles there.
    I have always hated the way cars get branded 'Mondeo' 'Focus' or 'Corolla'
    far too bland

I would be honoured to meet a man from an upland area who drives a Dr Seuss

Blog Entries

I wonder if this is the place to try posting this. Of course it may fail as I don't think think that I've fixed the glitch yet. Anyway, if it works, here is a snap of a piece of bee paraphenalia I spotted peeking out of the snow here in arctic Tayside.

I actually made it into work today, to be told by one of the three people in the building that the place had been declared closed. That was after another hour shovelling snow to clear the overnight fall of 4 inches or so and to let the wife escape too by helping clear around her car. Then a drive down an extremely quiet A90 into Dundee. As the police are trying to get people to stay at home, I might just go and visit the occupied bee hives tomorrow (in between doing some computer-based work of course).

G.

Thought it had failed but it seems to have worked after all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gavin; 01-12-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: mixing my a's and my e's.

Hi Gavin,

Is that one of your rubbish colonies being put out with the bins!

Jimbo

Blog Entries

How did you get the upload to work?
    still not working for me earlier today.

I take it that is a nuc with two Beehaus's beehausen whatever.

Sorry Gavin

Did not recognise the two Beehaus's thingy's as they were up on their ends. I thought they were your bins.

Blog Entries

They are the vertical model, the Warrehausen. Must find the time to fiddle with the knobs and sliders later to see if it will let you folks post pictures too. It wasn't happy when I asked it to, but finally it did agree. I am the boss after all.

The nuc box was carefully crafted in Stirlingshire and used to contain a much treasured colony of dark-looking bees, a kindly gift from a near-beginner and my best bet to make a contribution to the Amm effort we discussed on Saturday.

Let's try for another picture to prove that I did make it into work (some abandoned transport) and another one to peek out here near sunny Errol in the street facing south.

abandoned transport.jpg
    the street.jpg
    Last edited by gavin; 01-12-2010 at 08:32 PM.