Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Down time

Hi Gavin
    Totally agree with Jon, this forum being quieter does tend to get a lot more interesting threads and very little of the herd mentality, I did not have to log in again, thanks for all the hard work, its much appreciated from down south.
    k

Blog Entries

Hi All

Thanks everyone, and yes Trog, the format of the 'New Posts' is one of the things that has changed. Jon is having problems making any kind of picture upload now. I don't see any reason why the software should pick on him. Does anyone else have difficulty uploading pictures?

I've decided to share something with you. The hacker was a 17 yo school kid from the eastern suburbs of a major city in the W of Canada. He sent me a note to apologise for what he did, which leaves me thinking that he must be a decent lad as I don't think I ever owned up to my misdemeanors when I was 17!

If you are reading, D, thanks for owning up and I forgive you. It was apparently a pal of his who decided to show him how to hack vBulletin fora. Not such a wise move as when you visit a forum like this the software records the trail, and it is a simple matter to trace the originator. In this case I knew which suburb of which city the hack came from and his family's service provider even before he owned up.

How do I know he is 17? Ah, the internet is a place that never forgets! You take care, D, and if you stick in at school you might even end up being paid for mucking about on computers.

G.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Does anyone else have difficulty uploading pictures?
    Hello Gavin. I can't upload an avatar. Not that I want to. Is it because I haven't earned enough "beauty points" ?

Blog Entries

Hi Chris

I may be able to do it on your behalf if you'd like it up so feel free to email it to me. Apologies to everyone who is having difficulty uploading pictures. I suspect that vBulletin have done this in the recent upgrades - will chase it when I have some time.

G.

Blog Entries

Just tried to upload a photo via *manage attachments*. Can't do it either.

Blog Entries

Sorry everyone. I found a setting to tweak and now hope that this is fixed. Is it?

G.

Blog Entries

Apparently not. This will take longer to fix, so don't expect much to happen for a few days.

In the meantime it seems the only way to present images on the forum is to upload them to Flickr or Photobucket and to link to them from there.