Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another puzzle

Thanks for that Gavin.

Blog Entries

That was a bit of a rant, wasn't it?!

Remember that drone-free colony you mentioned before? Were you treating with formic acid? See the Varroa thread in the Diseases area.

G.

Hi Gavin
    I would judge your recent prose on EFB as fair comment - let’s hope the days for rants are over. For what it is worth I think it would be counter-productive to break this current thread. There appears to be quite a lot of interest in the varied subject matter judging from the number of hits, despite Jon telling the world that all his hits have been to see if the discussions have ended. The heading for the present thread comes under “Everything and Anything” – a goodly number of readers have become familiar with the location, so why break the run just because you can?. There is a lot of mileage in the EFB subject still!
    Eric

Blog Entries

Hi Eric

It is good to let the discussion flow but my concern was for people looking for it later when you might expect it to be under the appropriate heading. I suppose that the search function takes care of that.

Gavin

Blog Entries

This paper by Lilian de Guzman and colleagues confirmed the heightened hygienic behaviour of colonies well-off in terms of a nectar flow or honey stores. It confirmed observations in two previous theses. See the last 4 paragraphs in the discussion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric McArthur View Post
    There appears to be quite a lot of interest in the varied subject matter judging from the number of hits, despite Jon telling the world that all his hits have been to see if the discussions have ended.
    You have lost me there Eric. I enjoy the discussions and/or banter.

My totally drone free colony wasn't treated with anything except apistan.Was fairly mite free too.

Blog Entries

Oh well, that's that theory down the tubes.

Hi Gavin
    I have scanned an article on the EFB theme which has a Swiss beekeeper stating categorically that crystal sugar has kept his bees free of EFB despite the incidence of the disease being on the increase in Switzerland. The piece is in "J peg" form, on 2 separate pages with a picture. How can this be inserted in a post?

Eric

Blog Entries

Hi Eric

Compose a post, and then use the picture icon (the little picture with what seems to be a tree on it, just next to the globe with the link on it) to upload the JPG to the site using the 'From computer' tab. The site will automatically reduce the size of the image. If you look at the first post in this thread you will see the size of the image the site permits - so if the page is too big it may be difficult to read when compressed by the software for the forum.

Any trouble, just email it to me and I'll do it for you.

Gavin