Thread: ventialted and non ventilated bee suits and jackets. What the difference and colours

Default ventialted and non ventilated bee suits and jackets. What the difference and colours

Hi All

I'm looking to get started in beekeeping and have noted there are quite a few different types of bee suits and jackets out there. Not sure what the difference is between ventilated and non ventialted. I can just tell the ventilated cost a lot more! I've seen the on the goldbee site. I fancy one of the brown cappuccino suits. Does the colour make a difference to the bees? let me know https://www.goldbeestore.co.uk/produ...uit-cappuccino

ive put a link to the colour im thinking of getting. Normally you always see the standard white suit. Is there any reason for this?

With just a few colonies, you would not need a ventillated suit - they are really for working many hours in the sun - hence the white colour of lots of them. I guess that in the past, white cotton could be boiled - most modern bee suits are now cool-wash types. My suits have always been white. For heavy use, some of the cheaper suits don't last very long. Good ones - Sherriff and BB Wear as examples - do last longer and are made in the UK, but possibly not worth the cost when you are starting out.