Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbee advice

Blog Entries

Hi Neil

It was great to see you on Saturday and I'm glad that the bees were on their best behaviour. I have a swarm in a box in the garden too which received its first inspection yesterday. They were amazingly tolerant considering the time (late evening) and the mess I made of the comb with brood they'd made hanging from the roof. I gave them some syrup as a thank-you. Some of the bees you saw are now up in the hills where the world is turning purple.

Happy to advise on sites or anything. There are few folk around who sell nucs so you'll get one from somewhere - I haven't been selling but if I have a good winter you never know.

all the best

Gavin

Hi Neil
    Are you a member of the Fife Beekeepers? We have classes starting in January and do our utmost to supply beginners with bees. I have supplied nucs to 3 new beekeepers in the Abernethy area. Check our Combined Fife Beekeepers' website.
    Alvearium

Blog Entries

Are these Abernethy beekeepers go-getting enough to be interested in helping revive the Perth association do you think? Abernethy is in Perthshire and quite close to Perth, and I know that there are beekeepers in Perth, Dunning, Auchterarder, the Carse of Gowrie ... and although I'm in the East of Scotland BA which meets in Dundee I'd be happy to try to help revive a Perth group. It could even function as small local group collaborating with the bigger neighbouring ones in Cupar-St Andrews, Scotlandwell, Dunblane, Dundee, and the small one near Fortingall.