Thread: Looking for bee keepers around NE Glasgow/East Dunbartonshire

Default Looking for bee keepers around NE Glasgow/East Dunbartonshire

After this year's cold winter, I made the mistake of assuming the slow "build up" of my one and only colony was because of the bad weather, it seems I'd lost a queen.

It would have really helped to have known someone local keeping bees to be able to see what their bees were up to. I've tried the various bee associations around this area, to see if they can put me in touch with someone, but nothing materialised.

So, I thought I'd give this forum a go.

Blog Entries

You are very welcome, Mike. Not sure whether any of our currently active participants are from that area but you can be sure of a response here if you ever have questions.

The Glasgow and District Beekeepers Association* meeting in Scotston may have members near you, or the Kelvin Valley Beekeepers (a small group now not affiliated to the SBA).

* Mhairi - see scottishbeekeepers.org.uk > About > Affiliated Beekeeping Associations

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    You are very welcome, Mike. Not sure whether any of our currently active participants are from that area but you can be sure of a response here if you ever have questions.

The Glasgow and District Beekeepers Association* meeting in Scotston may have members near you, or the Kelvin Valley Beekeepers (a small group now not affiliated to the SBA).

* Mhairi - see scottishbeekeepers.org.uk > About > Affiliated Beekeeping Associations
    I've tried both those associations, but neither of them could put me in touch with anyone. My guess is that there are quite a few people who keep bees and don't belong to any association and I was hoping some live locally.