Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bees for sale

Post Bees for sale

Nucs on smith and national frames for sale. East of forfar area

Price??
    Type of bee??

Blog Entries

Perhaps I should add that I think Jim is asking £5 per frame of bees, and the bees are likely to be Amm-leaning local mongrels. Do correct me if I'm wrong Jim! From looking at BeeBase it appears that the apiaries within about 10 miles of Jim have been clear of foulbrood this year, but there are cases around that distance away. Don't know if he's been inspected this year.

Eeekk!!! Sorry everyone. I did intend to write £25 per frame.
    Last edited by gavin; 22-07-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Senility

I may well be interested next year if any become available.

I think it might be a bit late to try and start a Nuc in the Cabrach this late in the season.

Unless anyone has any ideas on whether a nuc this late will survive the winter?

Blog Entries

You should have plenty of time as long as the nuc is a decent size to start with, say covering 5 frames including 3 with brood.
    If you have other colonies, you can build up a nuc very quickly by adding frames of brood just about to hatch.
    A nuc can be built up to to a full colony in 3-4 weeks doing this.

Well if the above price is right, and the nuc is a decent size, then yes, i'm interested.

jimb?

Blog Entries

Now here's a really difficult area for me. Jim is a good beekeeper and as far as I know his bees are free from foulbrood. They are very likely to have been inspected last year and I'm not sure about this. Both foulbroods were scattered through Tayside last year and both are still around at a much reduced frequency this. If he has been inspected again this year then that reduces the risk of disease further. There are no guarantees though - there is AFB popping up in the Lothians in bees with links to Tayside. Also, there is no guarantee that Moray is free of foulbrood (can't see the maps at BeeBase at the moment for some reason).

However - and however small the risk - what would local beekeepers in Cabrach (if there are any of course) think of colonies coming in from Tayside this year? Maybe next season the risk will be even lower ...

If you still want to get in touch with Jim, send him a Private Message with contact details. He will get an email as well as have the message in his inbox here.

best wishes

Gavin

I have, and he has placed a price of £125 on the nuc's i can't afford that at the moment. So i'll pass.

Sorry Jim

Blog Entries

Apologies everyone, I knew that they were £25 per frame and don't know why I wrote £5 earlier.

Blog Entries

Hi
    well I have ten frame colonies for sale with 2010 queens first generation carnica. 110€.
    But you have to pick them up (yes sorry it is in S Germany but I have 14 for sale so someone might find it worthwhile).
    The going rate here is 100-120€ for a 9-10 frame colony.
    They are easy going but productive, and slow to swarm on 30 frames.
    Varroa included at no extra cost
    Last edited by Calum; 23-08-2010 at 07:03 PM.