Thread: Batten down the hatches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Batten down the hatches

Storm Caroline is on the way ... it was a balmy 11C in my apiary at 7pm when I applied the winter treatment (sublimation), by head torch, in light rain and a stiffening breeze. Clusters were open so a good time for me to treat. Forecast here for the next 10 days is for freezing temperatures again.

Winds in the North West look particularly strong. Hope everything is tied down well.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    Storm Caroline is on the way ... it was a balmy 11C in my apiary at 7pm when I applied the winter treatment (sublimation), by head torch, in light rain and a stiffening breeze. Clusters were open so a good time for me to treat. Forecast here for the next 10 days is for freezing temperatures again.

Winds in the North West look particularly strong. Hope everything is tied down well.
    So do I.

I did see some brightly coloured objects streaking through the air north of Aberdeen though FS. I swear one had abelo written on it.

That's because there's no bees in them ... I'm sure there were when they were delivered

Amazing difference since yesterday ... colonies now clustered again when they were wandering around on the landing board in the dark yesterday evening. Temperature now plummeting. Quickly treating the last dozen or so with dribbled Api-Bioxal (yes, really!) rather than the Sublimox.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    dribbled Api-Bioxal

2017-11-21 08.29.05.jpg

Oh ye of little faith

That's a 350g packet

Same general subject ...

Has anyone noticed that the Trunk Road Gritter Tracker has names for individual gritting lorries? ... Gritallica, Sir Grits-a-Lot, Ready Spready Go and Gritty Gonzales etc.

Nice one