Hello and thank you for letting me participate! My daughter and I will be visiting Edinburgh and Fife from 6 July to 13 July of 2018. I am an avid beekeeper and may even have my Georgia Master Beekeepers Certificate completed by then (must pass exam in May!). I would like very much to learn about beekeeping in Scotland. Certainly, there are interesting differences in hardware, climate and forage. I have already reached out to the Edinburgh Beekeepers and have a positive response for a visit with a member. I also hope to see more and possibly write an article for a magazine back here in the United States. The current schedule puts us near St Andrews in Fife with a free afternoon and evening on 12 July. There are some other free times in our schedule as well. Yes, that's quite far in the future but worth mentioning in case we're lucky enough to be there when an event is taking place.
Also, I am an experienced lecturer and would be happy to share about beekeeping in the southeastern United States with a PowerPoint presentation and honey samples (I'm allowed to bring up to 2kg!). Public service is part of our mandate; even when it's on the other side of the Atlantic!