Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ophelia is coming

Blog Entries

Default Ophelia is coming

Just in the last half hour the winds are starting to pick up with branches down on the country roads, barometer dropping like a stone. Hives all weighted down but already some strong gusts along the irish sea coming into Co Down

Blog Entries

The sky has gone yellow-black but we're still in the backdraft with an easterly pootling up the Tay estuary. Looking forward to scouring the landscape tomorrow for relocated Irish Apideas on my rounds while checking that the hives are still upright with the roofs on. Binoculars at the ready. Stay safe.

Barometer is actually rising here. Bizarre. Just brightened up this last half hour. I had the desk lamp on at 11am to see the keyboard. And yes I did remember to open the curtains....

PH

Blog Entries

Storm passing over its a biggy, winds gusting to 150mph, unfortunately two people dead, structural damage. if you don't need to be out then give it a miss. It can wait until it passes over. Most of the country shut down just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengage View Post
    Storm passing over its a biggy, winds gusting to 150mph, unfortunately two people dead, structural damage. if you don't need to be out then give it a miss. It can wait until it passes over. Most of the country shut down just to be safe.
    Stay safe.

It was very dark in Aberdeenshire about an hour ago (1500) but its brightened up a lot in the past half hour.

Wishing I'd used more straps on hives.

I'll ask my Scandinavian friends to look out for some yellow and blue Abelo hives GG. I seem to remember they're strapped to the floor, not to the pallet

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    I'll ask my Scandinavian friends to look out for some yellow and blue Abelo hives GG. I seem to remember they're strapped to the floor, not to the pallet
    Its okay - they are so weighty with bees it'll be fine :/

Local road to Moor blocked due to fallen tree.
    All hives OK..

Quote Originally Posted by greengumbo View Post
    Its okay - they are so weighty with bees it'll be fine :/
    roflmfao.jpg

Blog Entries

How did the storm go did it blow itself out over the north sea. Not a word on the Irish news about it after it moved north. Nothing about the fires in California or Portugal either. There is another depression off the south coast of Ireland all news media are calling it storm Brian, Although met office says it HAS not ben named and so far it is only a depression, it will probably bring heavy rain tomorrow Thursday but we wait and see. In Dublin it has been very dry for the past month odd shower but cleaning our herbaceous borders and digging the soil is very dry.