Thread: Beekeeping course.

Blog Entries

Default Beekeeping course.

Anyone recommend a good beekeeping course that can be done either by distance learning or on Line.
    Working my way through FIBKA course but reckon Ill be 68 again I get to complete them, If I was going to be an electrician or computer engineer I could completed the course in three years with a recognized degree. Which would allow me to travel anywhere in the world. This way Ill be taking it to the grave and no recognition for all the study.

Not that I k now of FWIW. Had a peep at the syllabus you are doing and it does seem a bit daunting.

PH

Blog Entries

The syllabus is not the problem its the time factor I think it would take 9 years to work your way through it the way its set up. There are nine exams and you must complete them in order
    It would be nice to get a bit of paper that would have recognition from an education board.
    Anyone could set up an online course and the paper would be worth the same.
    The next one Practical apiary has been canceled locally as not enough canidates started with 13 only 3 willing to sit exam. Think ill throw my hat at it and go do my own thing. its raining for the past two days so thats the rant.

9 yewars?

Good grief you could qualify as a neuro surgeon in that time.

I did my first exam after two years, and the last one after 8 years of keeping bees and that is as far as I want to take it. I pondered the NDB but I don't think I can retain enough of the finer details to pass that one.

PH