Thread: Last of the damaged heather comb.......processing ?

Default Last of the damaged heather comb.......processing ?

I have two buckets worth of capped heather comb from a super that "fell" on the ground when moving it. Damage to comb meant that it cant be sold as nicely capped comb honey but also it cant now be agitated and spun. I did think I could rescue it by heating gently and then crushing or something.

Will it be worthwhile heating, crushing and straining or will it end up a total mess and without much honey getting filtered ?

Blog Entries

Can you borrow a press? Some people press all of their heather honey - which is what I did last year on all the non cut comb stuff.

I used a spin drier two years ago to spin out the excess from cutting up some 500 pieces of cut comb. I then jarred the resulting honey. Works a treat.

PH

Press worked a treat. Slow but pretty good once i'd warmed the combs.

I press my heather honey and it comes out fine, I have just built a warming cabinet and will use it to warm some remaining cut comb honey which has crystallised and then press it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RDMW View Post
    I press my heather honey and it comes out fine, I have just built a warming cabinet and will use it to warm some remaining cut comb honey which has crystallised and then press it.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Warming cabinet is very handy indeed. What temp do people warm honey to ? I've tended to keep it about 32'C and it works well.