Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Inbreeding/Diploid Drone risk

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    .. and perhaps lowland/eastern Amm are more likely to be browner.
    I saw samples from 3 colonies in the Notts apiary and didn't see a yellow band on any of them.

Rosie

It seems like you horrible lot have been waiting to gang up on me!! You are the only friends I have, so I suppose I'll have to put up with it. Auntie Doris hasn't pitched in yet, but I guess she will side with you lot.

I'm not sure about the male line, apart from the last 5 generations being from the south, but my mother was a Scot from Kirkcaldy. I could even be related to Gavin, but I'd rather be related to Jimbo, he's much better looking!

I'm not sure about Gavin anyway - A Scot drinking red wine????

I think we should be a bit careful how we treat morphometry results, as most of us are amateurs and only have access to inexpensive and easily obtained equipment. Are the results any more than a guide?
    I have been concerned about this for some time and did several hours yesterday experimenting. I won't tell you what I did, how I did it or the results, as I hope to put an article together today for the next issue of BIM. You will have to wait, but I think you will find the results quite interesting although the experiments were conducted using engineers logic, not from a scientific approach.
    There will be another morphometry weekend at Stoneleigh on 20/21 Nov. This will be with Peter Edwards and myself, and slightly modified from the one held last March. It is for anyone, not just BIBBA members, and for ordinary beekeepers not the trainers this time.

Roger Patterson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Patterson View Post
    ... Doris hasn't pitched in yet, but I guess she will side with you lot.
    Hi Roger, nice to have you an board.
    As for jsutification of joining this forum, who am I to speak? I haven't got a drop of Scottish blood in my veins, I'm just a ferrylouper, as they say in Orkney.

I'm hoping to join in with the morphometry discussions through the winter, I have collected some samples but not had time to look at them so far.

Doris