Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beekeeping court case

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Who wrote the "An Beachaire" article GG?
    I'm in the UBKA rather than FIBKA so I don't get the magazine.

Murray - most of the Irish posters are on the Irish Beekeepers Facebook site now. The old Yahoo site has pretty much died a death.
    Lol...never been on facebook...really fear that could turn into a time eater.

The time I was involved on Irish stuff, and that was as a result of being invited to go there by a guy I was corresponding with, was in the days of the Irish List. I don't know if it even still exists.

Once it was swamped by the small cell theorists and FGMO evangelists it was time to go.

One of my fellow moderators on Bee-L at the time quoted something very wise to me (no idea where the original quote came from) which was something like this.....'Never mud wrestle with a pig....you can't win and besides,...the pig rather enjoys it.'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Calluna4u View Post
    Once it was swamped by the small cell theorists and FGMO evangelists it was time to go.

One of my fellow moderators on Bee-L at the time quoted something very wise to me (no idea where the original quote came from) which was something like this.....'Never mud wrestle with a pig....you can't win and besides,...the pig rather enjoys it.'
    I quite enjoyed the occasional sparring with Dee Lusby and Ruth Rosin! [small cell and the dance language 'controversy' respectively] Maybe that makes me a pig. As Jon said it has died a death with perhaps one post a year. Ruth in particular was good fun. Those debates taught me a lot about human nature.

G.

Blog Entries

That face-book page is a dangerous place, I have to pick my fights or should I say the timing, a little subtle barb brings them out. its the people in the audience that are more dangerous I think the kids refer to them as stalkers, I think they are all members of where the wherethefockarwe tribe.
    A work colleague described them to me as people in a dark continent who run in the long grass and every now and then jump up and ask where the F~~ck are we. I like that quote above.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greengage View Post
    That face-book page is a dangerous place, I have to pick my fights or should I say the timing, a little subtle barb brings them out. ....
    One of the better click-bait funny sites offered this as a metaphor for internet bickering.

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Love that video!
    calluna4u - in our house we say - "Not my circus, not my monkeys"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro