Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British exit from Europe.

Genetically modified queen bees ?
    A bit of that jellyfish DNA they were adding to get plants and animals to glow in the dark
    I'm hiding from a genetically modified cabbage that's breaking down my front door
    If God wanted those things to have legs he would have given them some (and made them taste better)
    Could we develop a bacon flavoured cabbage ? I wonder....

What about all those heritage varieties of seed we can we grow tasty carrots and veg again without Brussels sprouting off
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 13-10-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Blog Entries

If you buy stuff from Europe it will get a lot more expensive due to the Exchange rate.
    I have bought a lot of stuff direct from Swienty but that is already 15% more expensive since Brexit.
    I agree with Calluna, we will likely see much more deregulation re GM crops, Neonics, queen imports and more.

Bacon flavoured cabbage ... ? How passé.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    Bacon flavoured cabbage ... ? How passé.
    wonder where the seaweed comes from
    I would give it a try

Turned out the cabbage was only a dream phew!!

I wouldn't worry about queen imports Jon their price goes up as well
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 14-10-2016 at 04:06 PM.

Blog Entries

I see dave Goulson has been commenting if the UK will retain the moratiorum on Neonicotinoids post british exit from Europe. He could not attend the recent meeting of the Chemical industry but he posted this on it.

"A couple of weeks ago the Society of Chemical Industry held a meeting in London to discuss “Are neonicotinoids killing bees?” As you might guess from the name of the people organising it, this seems to have been a rather one-sided affair; a bunch of lobbyists from the agrochemical industry, and a hand-picked selection of scientists all but one of whom are known to have pro-pesticide leanings and/or receive funding from the agrochemical industry"
    http://splash.sussex.ac.uk/blog/for/...ium-postbrexit

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    wonder where the seaweed comes from
    I would give it a try
    Pepper Dulse is the seaweed you're after. Can find it on rocky shore at very low tides. Its fantastic deep fried.....something that will no doubt be banned as dangerously the "wrong sort of nationalist" enterprise in post-Brexit UK

http://www.gallowaywildfoods.com/pep...-distribution/

Post Brexit - might Apivar NOT be allowed to be obtained from a vet through the cascade principle as we won't be able to cascade any more? After all we can't cascade Oxalic Acid even though it's used in other EU countries, I believe.

We COULD ban bee imports or licence their imports in a different way if we chose.

And we could ban bacon flavoured cabbages from the EU. Or we would at least have the right to ban bacon flavoured cabbages. Obviously we would need to set up a facebook page and also do some crowdfunding to have the funds for a media campaign as that's what you have to do nowadays.

(Cue The Life of Brian). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUBAx8jbYNs
    Last edited by Adam; 21-10-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Blog Entries

NO More Brussel sprouts, Djion Mustard, No Frankfurter, Bolognese sauce, Dublin bay prawns, Maderia cake, Swiss rolls, but yea will still be ok for Chicken Kiev and curry sauce. I think ill move to England to get away from all this Brexit talk,
    Just swallow your pride yea had a go at the government like us over here vote again and keep voting until yea get it right, was not there some famous football manager who said ”We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right.”
    AH yes clough he also said "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job." and another problem he had with European language specially Italian, "I can't even spell spaghetti never mind talk Italian. How could I tell an Italian to get the ball he might grab mine." sorry dont know what this has to do with bees............