Thread: I wonder.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

An expert is a person who knows everything about something and nothing about everything else.
    I myself have met a lot of beemasters lately, well they have the papers to confirm it and the media keep reminding the rest of us mortals. please bow before the beemaster.

I've had the opposite experience with the ones I've met. Both are advisors to NRW one is a retired botany professor, who retired to become a commercial Beekeeper. He advises NRW on planting matters, who's wife is an evolutionary and molecular geneticist who played a big part in the mapping of all lindigeonous welsh plants and has bees near me on several sites.
    The other a retired entomology professor ( through old age) who just happened to be the only house near a patch of heather and happily has my bees on his land now. He advises nrw on biodiversity and carried out the survey in a few of their local forests( non Beekeeper)
    Both seem pretty clued up full stop. I certainly learned more about bees in the first few hours of meeting the entomologist than I had in the last few years.
    Both seem to manage to be capable and sociable human beings too, which to accept your point, does seem to be the exception.
    Back on track sort of, tk the whole farming practices thing and loss of habitat. I agree with some of the farmers comments that progress has been made on field boundary areas etc. but it was made on the back of EU conservation subsidies. I've been told these subsidies will stop in 2020. I don't see farmers giving up 20% of their farms once they're not being paid for it.