Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ambrosia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feckless Drone View Post
    There must be something I am missing here -actually, reading the website does make me wonder about trading standards and advertising regulation.
    The BFA runs a pollination service programme and actually does know what it is doing.

I was going to comment on the sustainability credentials of a company that relies so heavily on repeat imports ..... but ... I did say I wasn't going to get into this. What is clear is that the Kitchen Cafe piece (Thursdays repeated on Sunday) was great advertising for them.

What does the B stand for ?

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

Bollocks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks alclosier that makes sense

Actually I may still be confusing two things
    The tone-deaf crooner plan B, and the crafty exploitation experts plan bee
    I wondered why there were so few songs on the Thursday broadcast
    I presumed the interviewer wanted to protect us B's unique style of musical torture
    There was quite a bit about beekeeping in la la land which I didn't fully understand

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    There was quite a bit about beekeeping in la la land which I didn't fully understand
    This is exactly where I'm going wrong as well - stuff I don't understand. I tried reading the plan bee web site and came away understanding even less about bees but starting to get a grip on marketing and selling.

Blog Entries

I know yea folks are in Scotland and have your own concerns, but was at an agricultural show last weekend, chap selling Bumblebee honey cakes, Now how about that for initative in marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengage View Post
    I know yea folks are in Scotland and have your own concerns, but was at an agricultural show last weekend, chap selling Bumblebee honey cakes, Now how about that for initative in marketing.
    How many bumblebees were in each cake ?
    I think that might be a sending off offence

Blog Entries

Another Plan Bee written by a Journalist who got the wrong end of the stick.
    “We have a subspecies in Ireland that is endangered"
    Finding these native bees could be more important (So we have not found them yet) and[I] "A possible solution to this problem would be to find wild bee colonies that are naturally resistant to this and other infections"
    “By increasing the numbers of bees living in the wild, we can increase biodiversity,”[/I]"Once these wild bees are found" ( Still have not found them??)
    “We are trying to develop a bee in Ireland that doesn’t need treatment,” Prof McCormack said. So is this another new strain of bees “If we can find wild colonies escaped from whenever, they will not necessarily be the original stock but they are important as they managed to survive without treatment.” (So what happened the subspecies we had at the begining of the article.
    Ah here read the article.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/scien...ival-1.2757114
    Maybe this should be a new thread. Im looking for a DNA kit for the kitchen table in case I fall across them.

Quite a few`times I have read people suggesting that feral bees will be a valuable source of varroa resistance while conveniently ignoring the fact they might also be a repository for AFB and EFB
    In fact I think I read an article in a recent SBA magazine that in passing suggested that escaped swarms have a positive influence on bee health
    Cant say that makes much sense to me