Well this is going to be my first year at the oilseed rape (wish me luck) lol....

Went up last night and locked the bees in their hives ready for the move this morning to the new home on the farm, its a really nice place that I have been given to keep the bees on while there at the rapeseed but that's not all the farmer has said that I can keep bees there all the time from now on. "YES" but that's not all his son who has a farm about 20 miles away has offered me the same over on his farm. So things are looking up... just need more bee's now as got another 10 hives all ready to be filled up.

Anyway the move went well and no dramas apart from a few houdini bees (there seem to come out of nowhere). the wife came with me just for moral support and to see where the bees were going. I hope to keep this thread upto date with how things are going and if I come a cropper on the way.
A few pic's the wife took of me letting them out at there new home @ 7:30 this morning

IMG_0434.jpg IMG_0435.jpg IMG_0436.jpg

As you can tell from the pictures they are surrounded by logs, keeps them out of the wind plus what you cant see is that they can just walk across the road and there in the rapeseed, 4 really big fields within walking distance (for me that is)

4 hives moved this morning a few more to join them soon I hope, got one at the house that will go there next week and another that needs requeening (bad tempered) ladies...

Comments had advice as always will be welcome.