Confused as usual !
My understanding:
The cells become coated with millions of M.plutonius when the mid gut of the prepupae joins with the rectum & the bee poops into the cell for the first time
The prepupa then spins a silk coccoon against the walls of the cell but as the bee has been weakened by the infection the coccoon might be a bit substandard (therefore some of the infected poop is exposed) A young cleaner bee comes along to polish the cell after the new bee has emerged & gets infected with the EFB bacterium

Is this correct?

I know they use propalis in the polishing process but exactly what is involved?

In ordinary circumstances (ie no EFB ) is the larval poop sealed under the coccoon for all time or is it removed? (sorry if this is basic stuff but I thought I
understood it until I realised I don't )

I think the coccoon is not removed but therefore what stops the internal dimensions of the cell from getting progressively smaller with use?

Where does the infection reside in the newly infected cleaner bees? Does it live in the hypopharyngeal glands like Sacbrood? & why doesn't the 9 HDA in the mouth kill it (as they say it stops the adult bees from being infected with AFB?

Mellissococcus or Melisococcus ? I see it spelled both ways ( even in the same BBKA info pdf)

Can anyone enlighten me please. If I can get to grips with this I will be a happier bunny