Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sealing Correx flutes

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    The hot glue I linked to claims it is designed for the job

Bandits I'm off to advertising standards now

It is true though that a lot of general use glue sticks wont glue anything together unless its rough and bone dry

By the way its easy to poke fun at the book but David Looney's review gave it 5 stars and you cant ignore that
    and at £77.54 new how could you NOT afford to have one ! Bargain.

Now where are my hive crystals.

Sorry DR ... that Tecbond stuff might well work. I think it's the stuff estate agents use to glue together the two sides of the 'For Sale' signs. It's not the stuff I've tried (which was bog-standard from Screwfix or similar) which doesn't work. Mine is £3 for 20 sticks or something ... that Tecbond stuff is £107 for 5kg. Bulk production of mini-nucs or nucs might justify this expenditure ... what I have in mind definitely won't.

Lots of 5* reviews for that book on the US Amazon website ... though about half of them are for saving dogs, not humans. However, I can certainly vouch that the colony I vaporised a dozen times last season had no bees disfigured with huge non-aerodynamic tumours ... so perhaps there's something in it.

Maybe a new cocktail

Whisky extra Sour
    Contains the usual Whisky, Lemon, Lime, Golden syrup but with magic Oxalic acid twist

Shocking price on the glue sticks
    Polycarbonate roofing sheets have the end taped before the end plastic drip strip slides on
    Thats a breathable tape which seems to stay put

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38-mm-Anti...Qu7p63H7OzLmBQ

Might not work on polypropylene though and again its dearer than Duct tape
    There must be a solvent that will key into polypropylene with a bit of googling

You get a plastic welding gun and rods on Amazon but its over £100 again so no go

Just realised Grizzly may well have solved the puzzle with his very concise post must try to keep up
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 10-02-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Where are you guys getting all this correx I paid £7 for 2 bits to cover my sublimation ekes, we need more political activist in this area

I bought a job-lot on eBay as I needed some larger sheets for things. You can make nice roofs for about £1.50 each. However some of the nicest i.e. thickest and strongest, comes from 'For Sale' signs. I built an excellent Cloake board from a sign I foraged from Newcastle when taking my son back to Uni ... my family are used to me stopping the car and putting abandoned signs into the boot. I even took to driving around with a saw at one point to cut the posts down.

Please ... No more politics

I know the thread is gone, but have just ordered up a whole stack of 6MM correx (heavy gauge) cut to size for making flight boards (we don't go in for complex systems), and there is going to be a lot of offcuts coming up with the finished panels, I reckon in strips 150 mm and 200mm wide. *Available free to local amateurs to make beetle traps or whatever in amounts for own use.*

Sourcing the stuff carefully we are making the boards, which involves 2inch wide wood all round and swivelling flight holes (2 per board) on a 450 x 540 correx panel, for only £2.75.

After some experimentation the glue that works on it and bonds the wood very well to the correx is Evo Stick 528....available over the counter at Screwfix. 16 20mm bright annular nails and 2 15mm wood screws also used.

Correx 1.12 Wood 0.98 Glue est 0.04 Nails and screws 0.11 Labour about 5 mins each (Did a trial, might get faster) 0.70. total £ 2.75 Happy at that.

I told you EVOSTICK was the glue to use.

Blog Entries

Calluna4u, any chance of seeing photo's of your handy work

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

I was going to ask the same, but because I don't understand C4U's flight boards with swivelling flight holes. I can't visualise them or understand their use! Sorry, I'm a bit clueless now.
    Kitta

Quote Originally Posted by busybeephilip View Post
    Calluna4u, any chance of seeing photo's of your handy work
    I too want to see what a flight board is (sounds like a split board to me perhaps?) ... I've built floors for my bait hives from Correx and lots of roofs. The latter can be turned out for ~£1.50 each and anyone who uses top insulation and a strap (de rigeur with some of the breezes we've had) needs nothing more.
    Last edited by fatshark; 19-02-2016 at 03:17 PM. Reason: plural 'sound'