Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sealing Correx flutes

What you need is the clear adhesive tape used to mend cracked panes in greenhouses. Lasts for years..(a decade on my greenhouse)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WEATHER-PROO.../dp/B0046ZCMQ0

DR ... hot glue gun stuff, at least that routinely available, does not stick to Correx.
    Been there, done that, failed.

Thanks madasafish ... while checking that stuff on Amazon I also found this:

41DJ2eupuSL._SX307_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Oxalic Acid God's Natural Chemotherapy

... irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned, but it's a nice afternoon, the sun is out, the book title made me smile and since I'm the OP I can go off topic if I want

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    DR ... hot glue gun stuff, at least that routinely available, does not stick to Correx.
    Just wondering what happens if you were to sandpaper the surface of correx before hot gluing, that might give a surface that glue will stick too

Blog Entries

Ordinary gaffer tape stays in place for years as long as it is put onto a dry clean surface in the first place.

Blog Entries

When checking my hives and tidying up after the storms my little used correx nuc box which was bought from somewhere in England as a travel /swarm box and template for future project work crumbled into dust when I lifted it - it must have been biodegradable not like them Norn Iron election posters of Jon's. Maybe there is different grades and associated glue resistance properties for different cortexes

Quote Originally Posted by busybeephilip View Post
    When checking my hives and tidying up after the storms my little used correx nuc box which was bought from somewhere in England as a travel /swarm box and template for future project work crumbled into dust when I lifted it - it must have been biodegradable not like them Norn Iron election posters of Jon's. Maybe there is different grades and associated glue resistance properties for different cortexes
    My cerebral cortex does not allow anything to stick to it....

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post

Thanks madasafish ... while checking that stuff on Amazon I also found this:

41DJ2eupuSL._SX307_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Oxalic Acid God's Natural Chemotherapy

... irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned, but it's a nice afternoon, the sun is out, the book title made me smile and since I'm the OP I can go off topic if I want
    From the Amazon review:
    "When my body was saturated with oxalyc acid, it felt very blissful, as if, to let me know that this is a healthy and good state to be in right now. It felt like my body wanted this cancer-cure for a long time. The only other time I recall my body producing that feeling was when I did rife-work combined w/ eating many habanero peppers to cleanse my liver, and subsequently lost a few pounds of parasites (liver-flukes). Experience has taught me to trust my body's intuitions and gut-feelings, but this blissful feeling I got while on the Hart diet was nothing subtle. It was a strong feeling of deep bliss, so, I have to recommend it. The sores in my mouth actually went away while in this state of oxalyc acid saturation, also. I don't know of anything else that makes those white-sores go away."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cancer-Cure-.../dp/0972645705

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madasafish View Post
    My cerebral cortex does not allow anything to stick to it....
    spellcheckers just don't work the way U want

Quote Originally Posted by busybeephilip View Post
    Just wondering what happens if you were to sandpaper the surface of correx before hot gluing, that might give a surface that glue will stick too
    The hot glue I linked to claims it is designed for the job

Bandits I'm off to advertising standards now

It is true though that a lot of general use glue sticks wont glue anything together unless its rough and bone dry

By the way its easy to poke fun at the book but David Looney's review gave it 5 stars and you cant ignore that
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 10-02-2016 at 05:01 PM.

We used to build cheap model aeroplanes out of correx. The adhesive we used was any quality contact adhesive eg EVOSTICK or similar. No surface preparation needed and never came unstuck.