Thread: Beekeeping in York

Blog Entries

Default Beekeeping in York

Those of you who know the NBU staff may be interested to see Jason and Jack and their problems. They have (or at least had ) their own beekeeping business as well as helping out with Abelo and the NBU. 3 min 20 sec.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-news-29122015

Blog Entries

... and I hope everyone is safe and well out there with big blocks of Orkney stone weighing down the hive roofs.

They're pictured on the top news story this morning as well. Puts the numerous leaks in my old roof I'm worried about into perspective. Wasn't windy in Fife last night but it's raining hard this morning. Maybe the rocks on the hive roofs will stop things floating away rather than blowing away

Jason and Jack are also on Twitter @wildyorkshoney , they reckon they've lost 25k's worth of kit due to flood/sewage contamination.

Blog Entries

We, (northern Ireland) got a real battering last night, this morning there was at least a foot of water in my garden just lapping at the hive stands, first time this has happened, unfortunately there is more storms and heavy rain on the way for the new year and its really warm, bees were flying yesterday morning just before the winds hit.

Blog Entries

We are also getting some hammering from all these storms rolling in from the Atlantic, today up to 25cms of rain due again, already the ground if saturated and lots of surface water and more serious flooding elsewhere.