Hi DR ... my Arduino (finally) arrived today and I've got a DHT22 (I think) sensor. It was a £1 more and is more accurate but slower (but irrelevant if you're only "sampling" at 15-30 minutes intervals). I've also got a RTC with SD card shield so am hoping to get them all stuck together over the next few days. I'm still officially at work. Jon might be able to provide some details of where the Arnia sensors go, but I've been giving it some thought as well. It's clear they need to be movable as the brood nest expands/contracts/moves.

BBP ... I was recommended to go the PIC route by someone with experience of it but a (rather cursory) look through online literature suggested Arduino clones were, as you suggest, both more user-friendly and perhaps better supported. I'm comfortable with reasonably high-level coding but the electrickery is a bit daunting.

We seem to have switched thread (again). Sometimes SBAi visits are some sort of Burroughs-esque nonlinear narratives ... maybe time to start a new one with links back to this and the Varroa estimations during winter. I'll do this - under DIY - where it might more properly belong (hope that's OK Gavin?).

PS Oh? we don't have a DIY section