Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build the Buzz

Hi DR ... my Arduino (finally) arrived today and I've got a DHT22 (I think) sensor. It was a £1 more and is more accurate but slower (but irrelevant if you're only "sampling" at 15-30 minutes intervals). I've also got a RTC with SD card shield so am hoping to get them all stuck together over the next few days. I'm still officially at work. Jon might be able to provide some details of where the Arnia sensors go, but I've been giving it some thought as well. It's clear they need to be movable as the brood nest expands/contracts/moves.

BBP ... I was recommended to go the PIC route by someone with experience of it but a (rather cursory) look through online literature suggested Arduino clones were, as you suggest, both more user-friendly and perhaps better supported. I'm comfortable with reasonably high-level coding but the electrickery is a bit daunting.

We seem to have switched thread (again). Sometimes SBAi visits are some sort of Burroughs-esque nonlinear narratives ... maybe time to start a new one with links back to this and the Varroa estimations during winter. I'll do this - under DIY - where it might more properly belong (hope that's OK Gavin?).

PS Oh? we don't have a DIY section

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    PS Oh? we don't have a DIY section
    I know I've been thinking of rearranging things. Definitely a call for one but we were reluctant to create a new area when we considered it last. Some are under-used and maybe there could be some fusing or rearranging. Any suggestions?

G.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    I know I've been thinking of rearranging things. Definitely a call for one but we were reluctant to create a new area when we considered it last. Some are under-used and maybe there could be some fusing or rearranging. Any suggestions?

G.
    I am keen to get some of these bee counters fired up on the hives at work. Note my comment on adapting it to detect departing queens. No idea about Arduino coding but it sounds straightforward and accessible. I think a DIY section would be excellent.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Honey-Bee-Counter-II/

Now the Special One has gone perhaps we could use The Special Place?
    Alternatively, a DIY section could be more inclusive and allow wooden/poly/plastic things to be discussed as well. However, there's quite a lot of this in the general section which - particularly with the importance and availability of Correx - you might want to ensure is available to all easily.
    I like the rambling nature of SBAi so don't feel too strongly, or constrained, either way. I'm happy to simply try and restrict relevant conversations to the Hive monitoring - DIY thread.

Off to the diy thread I go

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Talking of DIY where is the correx roof thread, We are having an election probably next February so there will be plenty available to make Nucs.

correx ?
    On his head ?

Great musician though

Blog Entries

cheers tks for the link