This thread...if indeed it is anything to do with this thread, has brought some interesting mail to my inbox.

A guy in Spain just messaged me hoping I might be able to place the 500 nucs on combs he supplied annually to the UK. He has a lot of last years left (200) all on BS National frames due to non payment by his UK client.

He was breeding them for a guy in England and they were being supplied all over, even Lewis was mentioned on the list of destinations. All black bees.

If this gets out please all be clear on one thing. I will NOT get involved in importing any bees on combs. NOT SAFE, and its more about brood diseases than SHB.

I see no reference to any of this on any import statistics, and I have reason to believe they were all being sold as UK domestic product. All were northern Spanish black bees on BS combs. So...if you bought any nice black bees on new BS frames thinking you were getting British Amm, you might be a little surprised.

Not going to put the full info up on here but will let Gavin see it in private if he wants.