Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelvin Valley Honey

Default Kelvin Valley Honey

Defunct or not?

Did anyone try to buy stock?

I thought I'd have a punt on some suits but got no response whatsoever

Blog Entries

This came round later, and then another email saying that the two Directors of Kelvin Valley Honey and Kilsyth Community Market Garden were the same:

'Further information has come to me so I am clarifying the situation

Currently KELVIN VALLEY HONEY LIMITED is recorded at Companies House as “Active”.

KILSYTH COMMUNITY MARKET GARDEN LIMITED (SC374011) is recorded as “In Administration” .'

The original email sent round LAs (call them ABAs if you like) said that there was a closing date for bids of yesterday, and that bids for the whole lot would be preferred. So you might yet hear.
    Last edited by gavin; 10-12-2015 at 12:51 PM.

I think they have a third company as well. There seemed to be a large amount of colonies for sale if it was just from a community garden. An auction of the assets through an auction house would have been useful as you could have seen the items & then bid (not the bees at this time of year obviously)

I imagine someone with deep pockets acquired the whole lot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EK.Bee View Post
    I think they have a third company as well. There seemed to be a large amount of colonies for sale if it was just from a community garden. An auction of the assets through an auction house would have been useful as you could have seen the items & then bid (not the bees at this time of year obviously)

I imagine someone with deep pockets acquired the whole lot
    Yes, I see the main man is a director of another company from this summer - and that they changed things (to set up Kelvin Valley Honey as a separate company?) this summer too. All seems, well, interesting but I don't think I should speculate on here what may be going on.

Blog Entries

This caught my attention who are they and whats going on here, so I had to look them up and came upon this http://www.kelvinvalleyhoney.org.uk/
    Are they now gone bust or what.

"The project was born out of people's concerns about the dramatic decline in the area's honey bee population in recent years and the negative impact this has on crop, wildlife and certain woodland trees pollination. The decline is due to a number of factors, amongst which are: the increase in Varroa Destructor mite, American and European Foul Brood infestation, Colony Collapse Disorder, couple these factors with the especially harsh winters in 2009 - 2010 and 2010 - 2011 together with substantial reductions in the numbers of people keeping honey bees. It is estimated that in the past two years the local areas honey bee population has fallen by 2 million bees with fewer than 50 colonies involving a few handfuls of beekeepers remaining. "

When I read this stuff I always think "these people don't know much about bee keeping"
    Bit unfair ? Probably but I don't care

Blog Entries

Sounds good to the bodies that poured funds into the 'social enterprise' though, eh?!

I understand that Heather - she's posted on here - does *now* know a bit about beekeeping.

We had a video up once by the other half of the team who was making a pitch for funding. It spoke volumes. Would look it out but I need to be elsewhere ....

Blog Entries

Unbelievable amount of factually inaccurate stuff on that website.

Blog Entries

There is a huge difference between bee-keeping and keeping bees.

These people were responsible for the colonies on the Scottish parliament building - remember? So what has happened to those bees, are they still there, anyone know?