Thread: Poly hives Dalgety Bay ?

Default Poly hives Dalgety Bay ?

Someone mentioned to me about an poly hive supplier that operates out of Dalgety Bay in Fife.....I cant find anything about it though. Anyone got any idea if there is such a dealer ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greengumbo View Post
    Someone mentioned to me about an poly hive supplier that operates out of Dalgety Bay in Fife.....I cant find anything about it though. Anyone got any idea if there is such a dealer ?
    If you are thinking Leslie/Glenrothes then it would be Lyle:

http://british-beefeeds.co.uk/paradise-hives/

G.

British nationals only ! Pah. I like my brood boxes overweight and overhere a la american.

Given Fatsharks response he would faint at the sight of my Beebox langstroths !

Quote Originally Posted by greengumbo View Post
    British nationals only ! Pah. I like my brood boxes overweight and overhere a la american.

Given Fatsharks response he would faint at the sight of my Beebox langstroths !
    That was supposed to be a secret

Actually, I think the Langstroths might be OK, or at least better. I've got a few BeeBox Langstroth poly nucs and they are reasonable. An abomination to paint, but not bad as boxes to keep bees in.

Aside ... it's rather wet out there. I've just waded out to an apiary and discovered one of my wellies appears to have sprung a leak