Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Bee Equip Sales

Default Black Friday Bee Equip Sales

Thornes:

Dear Beekeeper

This year, we have decided to take part in the Black Friday to Cyber Monday bonanza weekend. We will have very special discounts on "big ticket" items: Complete National hive, Complete WBC hive, Warming Cabinet, National Easi-steam, All-in-ones suit, small steam wax extractor, assembled Top Bar Hive, Cold Uncapping Tray, Honey Tipper and 40kg tank, Small Solar Extractor, Assembled Garden Hive, National Snelgrove Board and National Section Rack complete with timber sections.

There will also be a special low rate for carriage free orders.

It starts just after midnight on Friday 27th November and finishes at midnight on Monday 30th.

An ideal opportunity to give your Santa list to family and friends!

A link will be live on the website www.thorne.co.uk

Interesting, I wonder if the other suppliers will also adopt this opportunity for a sale?

Peterborough, and into the flatlands to the north and east ...

Default Black Friday Bee Equip Sales

I think I saw something from Modern Beekeeping the other day, on hives. That was for this weekend too.

Seems odd to have a sale linked to the date of a US holiday (but maybe I am just behind the times, and as my wife insists getting grumpier as I get older ....)

David
    Last edited by Wmfd; 25-11-2015 at 01:26 PM.

I think they should include the 175g sachet of Api-Bioxal as a "big ticket" item

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    I think they should include the 175g sachet of Api-Bioxal as a "big ticket" item
    I wouldn't use the stuff as a matter of principle - another "rip-off" by this government. I wonder what Thornes profit margin is on the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY View Post
    I wouldn't use the stuff as a matter of principle - another "rip-off" by this government. I wonder what Thornes profit margin is on the stuff.
    Whatever it is , its nothing compared to the manufacturers margin for mixing oxalic acid and sugar.
    It is a disgrace. Another areas inspector was guest speaker at my local association yesterday. He said that inspectors were being told to come down hard on anyone using unlicensed products.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY View Post
    I'm not usually one for defending this government but I reckon that the officials are doing their best to get a system to work that wasn't designed for simple home remedies widely in operation, more for advanced pharmaceuticals for treating sick animals. Doesn't mean they have this right, and as the SBA Bee Health guy I'm asking questions in the right quarters.

It isn't the government that will make money off this scheme but the Italian company Laif. Thorne have switched to this legal product, can't say whether they will make more or less money on sales of oxalic acid.

Quote Originally Posted by SDM View Post
    It is a disgrace. Another areas inspector was guest speaker at my local association yesterday. He said that inspectors were being told to come down hard on anyone using unlicensed products.
    I've been thinking about this, and other than forwarding the culprits names for prosecution, I can't see how a bee inspector can 'come down hard' on anyone. Is that what he was saying? A slew of prosecutions for 2016? That'll make the inspector's jobs easier in future years.
    Last edited by prakel; 26-11-2015 at 09:35 AM.

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Drumgerry and I have been discussing this. I said I had ordered it and he asked me what strength of solution the new stuff gives -he makes up a 3% solution using crystals . He thinks the Italian protocol with OA uses a stronger solution --6%. Does anyone know the answer to this? The Thornes instructions are to mix 35 grams with 500ml sugar syrup and the usual 5ml per frame. But I'm far to dim to be able work out a % from their info. I don't want to have the same problems as with the MAQS where the dosage on the pkt was for bigger Canadian hives , allegedly.
    Actually Grizzly, for the hobby beekeeper with less than 10 hives it's an easy cheap product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this make my varrox an illegal instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Comb View Post
    Does this make my varrox an illegal instrument?
    If you use an unlicensed treatment, using it will be illegal. But owning it is OK, It is not an illegal instrument.

The entire thing is uneforceable. BIs know large scale enforcement will lead to BeeBase being abandonned. Why register to be persecuted?