Quote Originally Posted by Feckless Drone View Post
Breeding-Better-Bees-John-Dews

DR - are you on commission? Trying to recoup funds that Mrs DR does not yet know about? Supporting an economy in need? So many questions. Of course it would be poor form to name and shame the supplier.
Anyway - the point is I followed the link because the title looked interesting and I want to breed good bees. The 80 page booklet is COSTED AT £234.57p. I was intrigued this must be some good, must-have text. Thankfully there is a very useful review.

"The author spends a lot of pages in this small booklet explaining why a bee breeding program for Apis melifera melifera, the dark British bee, is essential in the UK. What is missing is how to do it and a better justification of why hybrid bees are such poor value. If you want to learn how to raise queens or select useful traits this is definitely not the book for you."

Many thanks to the out-of-pocket reviewer.
Just teasing drumgerry

Best plan to protect native stocks would be to take the wheels of Murray Magregors vehicles so he can't drive down to Italy for a lorry load of Italian packages

I'm doing the native bee club and everyone else a service by exposing the tat sold as AMM by importers

Hi FD
That book is of great historical importance
It outlines how to find a unicorn in a herd of horses
Hang on
No I'm wrong that's another book entirely
Im going to put my copy on Amazon
It got left out in the rain and the pages all stuck together
You can't read it now but you can still wave it around to banish bad spirits

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk