Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could a mushroom save the honey bee.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    But could a mushroom save the honey bee? Naw, the man's havering.
    Some years ago we used to supply Fortnum and Mason with honey (while ago, as we stopped packing in 2003). part of the deal involved fielding customer correspondence, and all correspondence had to be treated with respect and taken seriously.

I had a little difficulty coping with one rather persistent gentleman who badgered the food hall management about a dream he had. this correspondence went on for about nine months. He insisted he knew the cure for varroa and all the ills facing the bees at the time. Roquefort cheese.

It had to be liquified with water or milk, and the resulting emulsion had to be painted on all the internal surfaces of the hive. He would not leave it until his idea was taken seriously and trialled. Kind person that I am I sent him the details of Max Watkins and Prof Ratnieks as people far better placed than me to conduct the necessary research. He was not greatly pleased that I did not immediately go out and treat all my hives, but at least he went off to bother someone else (if he ever did, never heard anything further).

Not mushrooms.........but a nice mould.

Quote Originally Posted by Calluna4u View Post
    I had a little difficulty coping with one rather persistent gentleman who badgered the food hall management about a dream he had. this correspondence went on for about nine months. He insisted he knew the cure for varroa and all the ills facing the bees at the time. Roquefort cheese.

d.
    In my view, that's all cheese might be good for..:-)

http://www.appalachianfeet.com/2010/...ildew-disease/
    The Fortnam man may have taken the idea from this which apparently works