Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about keeping bees one day...

Default starting

I really would think twice or three times about this! Ahead of you - misery, and trouble. You get bee fever, you worry about them, your see queens in your dreams, you spend money that you are never going to get back, the kitchen gets in a mess, bee crap in the car, friends and family always want more honey and never return the jars,
    you find yourself looking at equipment you are never going to need and that is just out of season. The trouble really starts and runs from April to Oct.

EK Bee I contacted both associations the Thornliebank one is literally 5 mins walk from me which is great I'll definitely check it out! The course in Partick sounds exactly what I was looking for but I'm starting another course (unrelated) on a Thursday eve the week before which I'm pretty gutted about. So typical! However I might be able to change to a Monday starting in January for my other course fingers crossed. Thanks for the info!
    Feckless Drone- that reply made me chuckle bee crap in the car?? Don't worry I'll be thinking carefully before I dive in purely because I know how neurotic I can be it will take over no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by bustercat View Post
    ... Don't worry I'll be thinking carefully before I dive in purely because I know how neurotic I can be it will take over no doubt
    You'll be in good company then!