Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxalic Acid Pan Evaporator 12 Volt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Oxalic Acid Pan Evaporator 12 Volt

Hi everyone, has anyone used or use these Oxalic Acid Pan Evaporator 12 Volt from freebay ??

$(KGrHqV,!jUE8ENc89JHBPEdgYk+iw~~60_14.JPG

are they ok to use ?

Is it a micro one ? 😊

NO just small pic another pic was too big for the forum LOL....

Blog Entries

Well, they work, use a bike battery as they are lighter. You just need to be aware of the safety requirements to protect your own health.

I made one of these exactly the same design but now I'm going to do another one based on the sublimox design which means you dont need to let it cool down between using. The sublimox costs a fortune but I reckon one could be bodged up for a few squid.

The sublimox costs a fortune but I reckon one could be bodged up for a few squid.
    keep me posted please if you do, just wish I had the know how to make one

I invested a modest amount in one of these last year & it worked OK
    I had to remove the plug & replace with two croc clips

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-Vapor...item4ade57421e

Don't stint on your respirator or gloves to use with it

Blog Entries

OK, I can see a set of photographs being born !

Quote Originally Posted by busybeephilip View Post
    Well, they work, use a bike battery as they are lighter. You just need to be aware of the safety requirements to protect your own health.

I made one of these exactly the same design but now I'm going to do another one based on the sublimox design which means you dont need to let it cool down between using. The sublimox costs a fortune but I reckon one could be bodged up for a few squid.
    I've been playing around with a forced air design, a heated pan in a plastic clip box with a fan one end and a spout the other, it's not brilliant yet, it works for a few times but the heaters keep giving out. I'll try tinkering some more when time allows and possibly change from trying to use ptc heaters to something more reliable. I bought a gas and battery powered heat gun but it doesn't get up to subliming temperature on its own but it works well at forcing warm air through the box. It's all in a box in the cellar at the moment waiting for me to dig it out for those stoned r and d winter afternoons.

Quote Originally Posted by mbc View Post
    I've been playing around with a forced air design, a heated pan in a plastic clip box with a fan one end and a spout the other, it's not brilliant yet, it works for a few times but the heaters keep giving out. I'll try tinkering some more when time allows and possibly change from trying to use ptc heaters to something more reliable. I bought a gas and battery powered heat gun but it doesn't get up to subliming temperature on its own but it works well at forcing warm air through the box. It's all in a box in the cellar at the moment waiting for me to dig it out for those stoned r and d winter afternoons.
    Im no expert and have NO knowledge of these kind of things BUT the one that you can buy in my 1st post heats it up and then the mist/smoke fills the hive, would it not be a good idea to use one of them but build a container around the base with a spout on the front and a cap on top so that the pressure builds up and the smoke is forced out the spout ??

Just an idea ?

Definitely will help
    When I do the Smith hives the varrox is quite close to the mesh so no problem
    It was only the poly nucs so I will be doing them in the warm spell same as you Kate

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk