Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Oxalic Acid Pan Evaporator 12 Volt

The thing I fear is that Apibioxal is causing people to move away from the simple effective Winter evaporation
    This method has been researched studied and used for many many years and demonstrated to to be safe for bees and consumers
    Sure beekeepers have to take steps to protect themselves I stand miles away and use an automatic timer
    The dosage is known and minimal to get the job done

Trickling is fine but I found when the bees are on two broodboxes they are not always where you want them to be
    So if they are in the bottom box what then? Take the hive apart to get to the bottom?

Apibioxal might be licenced and that has stopped the rest of us using oxalic but it is doing more harm than good
    Especially if it means methods using higher doses over longer periods start appearing

So that's Oxalic evaporation gone as a method I'll have to treat in Spring with thymol for 4 weeks or so with Apilife Var
    Not ideal

Depends if you are prepared to flout the "law" and use common sense or be prepared to be ripped off by daft legislation.

I used DR's timing gadget over Christmas and it worked a treat.
    Last edited by Black Comb; 16-01-2017 at 06:21 PM.