Thread: Risk Assessment.

Blog Entries

Default Risk Assessment.

I hope this is the right place for this. Has anyone written a risk assessment for keeping bees in a public park, where members of the public have access to the bees through fence with a large window.

Blog Entries

Personally I'd stay clear of this, to much risk, you might need "approval" from your insurance provider

Blog Entries

The risk would be as much to your hives as to the public. Unprotected hives in a public site tend to attract vandalism from teenagers.

Blog Entries

Without giving away too much Insurance is not a problem, they are enclosed but public have access to them in a walled garden during opening times, there are a number of public parks in the Dublin area with beehives which public can view bees at work. While we do have a risk assessment I was curious to know what others have ,I could put it up here if you are interested and suggestions for improvement.

Greengage, I have a generic assessment for one of my sites. I can give you a copy if you want. The only reason I did this was because the landowner needed one as part of their own hs process. Pm me if you want it.