Thread: Solway bee supplies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Solway bee supplies

Anyone currently using Solway bee supplies? I placed an order with them a week ago and haven't heard anything and their number won't connect and they're not responding to emails.

Anyone have any information?

Blog Entries

I think they are under pressure due to the volume of orders they have. I have seen a few threads on other forums.

Thanks Jon. Finally had some communication but wouldn't have ordered if I'd have known in advance that the order would take this long. First time I've used them and communication has been pretty poor.

Has anyone got any up to date information on them? The website which has now closed hadn't been accepting new orders for quite a while. Have they gone for good or is the workshop still active?

Quote Originally Posted by prakel View Post
    Has anyone got any up to date information on them? The website which has now closed hadn't been accepting new orders for quite a while. Have they gone for good or is the workshop still active?
    I still have part of an order outstanding from August 2016 - got most of order but had some bits missing. Tried phoning and emailing several times last year - never got a reply, and now as you say they've completely disappeared. Too far gone to make a reclaim with Paypal too!

Another thread here pointing out the same kind of thing... https://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=40801

Not saying it's definitely the same, but if you google "ebay beekeeping castle douglas" you find a seller with a username quite like the surname of the guy who ran Solway Bees, selling off beekeeping things that look very similar to some of the things they used to sell...
    Last edited by match; 11-03-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Shame, but I've read similar before; I know this is no consolation at all but we had some great service from them -boxes built to our own design too. Looks like we really will be machining our own in future.