Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hi there everyone

Default Xray eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Greengage View Post
    Kate Ia m curious how can you tell by looking at the pics that they are not on thin foundation or starter strips. tks.
    No mystery powers Greengage! I simply assumed from what gwizzie wrote – about some frames being marked for cut comb and on thin foundation – that the others were on something different.

Blog Entries

Phew I gave you mysterious powers there should read the posts properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Atchley View Post
    No mystery powers Greengage! I simply assumed from what gwizzie wrote – about some frames being marked for cut comb and on thin foundation – that the others were on something different.
    Xray eyes lol.
    Nice one Kate and yes you're right there are a few marked for cut comb on thin foundation all the others on normal foundation. The reason that for this is as it is my 1st real year at the heather I thought that I would like to try cut comb and bottling some heather honey too. So to try and answer one of your questions in another post Kate I plan to try and use a smith cutter and then use a press to get the lovely heather honey out for bottling.

Ps. it was nice to see you on Sat when you were speaking to lyle

Quote Originally Posted by gwizzie View Post
    Xray eyes lol.
    Nice one Kate and yes you're right there are a few marked for cut comb on thin foundation all the others on normal foundation. The reason that for this is as it is my 1st real year at the heather I thought that I would like to try cut comb and bottling some heather honey too. So to try and answer one of your questions in another post Kate I plan to try and use a smith cutter and then use a press to get the lovely heather honey out for bottling.

Ps. it was nice to see you on Sat when you were speaking to lyle
    Good plan gwizzie. Have one of those cutters ... just not sure I have the patience to use it effectively! So good luck with that.

Wish you'd introduced yourself at Lyle's stand ... or are you the guy who said we'd spoken on the telephone?

Good plan gwizzie. Have one of those cutters ... just not sure I have the patience to use it effectively! So good luck with that.

Wish you'd introduced yourself at Lyle's stand ... or are you the guy who said we'd spoken on the telephone?
    Hi kate I will keep you in the loop on how I get on with processing it. Yes I was the guy that said he spoke to you on the phone.

Hi kate I will keep you in the loop on how I get on with processing it. Yes I was the guy that said he spoke to you on the phone.
    Ahhh .... gotcha!

Ahhh .... gotcha!
    Hi Kate, sorry for l8t reply been very busy with work and new processing room and bees ect ect..... As I said in earlier post about the smith cutter, well its GREAT as far as I am concerned very easy to use and very fast at cutting through the comb. I did all mine no problem straight into a bucket and scraped the last of the honey with the scraper part then emptied bucket into my new press.
    End product well all I can say is YUM YUM....

Put frames back onto the hives for them to clean up and they then started to draw then out again

and new processing room
    pics?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mbc View Post
    pics?
    Video!

Wait for the book which is also being serialised in the Ross-Shire Journal ...