Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Hi there everyone

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Video!
    I raise you a guided tour with tea and cake.

Quote Originally Posted by mbc View Post
    I raise you a guided tour with tea and cake.
    OK we have a winner lol you guys crack me up sometimes Here are a few pictures of the process so far I hope you like? For the observant ones YES the water heater is the wrong way round in the 1st pic it was just sitting there until I installed it lol......

IMG_0669.jpgIMG_0670.jpgIMG_0671.jpgIMG_0673.jpgIMG_0674.jpg

still got the water to plum into the shed yet, the wiring to get finished and tested flooring to get laid then install the 20 frame extractor to its resting place 100L settling tank to get put in place and a few other things and we should be just about there..... hopefully..

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

Impressive, Gwizzie - particularly the speed with which you're progressing.
    Kitta

Thanks, what flooring have you decided on?

Yep! very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellifera Crofter View Post
    Impressive, Gwizzie - particularly the speed with which you're progressing.
    Kitta
    Hi Kitta thank you for your kind comments, its actually going slower than had planned but I have learnt some patients since getting a bit older lol.
    I hope that you are well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Feckless Drone View Post
    Yep! very impressive.
    Hi Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mbc View Post
    Thanks, what flooring have you decided on?
    Hi mbc, I have decided on vinyl flooring (lino) as hard wearing, easy to clean and repair if it does get damaged...
    Last edited by gwizzie; 30-11-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Hi folks, I know its been a while since posting something but just been so busy new job, bees live in general. Just thought I would keep you up to date with what's happening up here lol. Clean room is just about there and wont be long now until inspection and hopefully get the all clear ?.
    Its been a funny kind of year weather wise! my bees were going mad at one of my apiaries the other day as you can see in the video.

and then today was at my second apiary and there booming there a lot further on than i thought they would be as you can see by the pictures..

Think they need a super ??
    Papabear honey buckfast hive 4 01-04-17.jpg

queen is laying very well
    Papabear honey bees 01-04-17.jpg

Default My visit to Keld Brandstrup's

Hi everyone its been a while now since I have posted anything in this thread, this is due to a few things work (not at the bees) and life in general. The clean room is just about finished now only a few snagging jobs to do but they will need to be done very soon. Last year I decided to try my hand at queen rearing and had great success, so I decided to buy in a few breeder queens and after a long hard look on the web I bought some queens from Keld Brandstrup.
    This year these have done me very well and I am in the processes of re-queening all my hives with his F1 queens.
    I also this year had the pleasure of being invited to spend some time with Keld at his place to learn from him (he was taught by brother Adam) he is a tough task master but I learned a lot, I also spent some time with Mogens Mundt his technician (I called him the queen man) lol he also has been trained by Keld. I have been lucky enough to be invited back again so I must have done something correct.
    Some of the pictures of my visit.

NOT SURE WHY some pictures on there side ?
    Attached Images Attached Images