Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss grafting tools

Default Swiss grafting tools

Was talking about these with a few club members today and, as some may know, it's my weapon of choice on the larva lifting front.

But.....where to get them in the UK now that Buzzybeeshop has gone? We have a QR course in a couple of weeks and if anyone wanted to use one it'd be good to tell them where they can get it. Mine's a left handed one so no use to most people.

Blog Entries

depends the shape you want try ebay dental picks/scalers
    much cheaper than same thing sold as grafting tool

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    depends the shape you want try ebay dental picks/scalers
    much cheaper than same thing sold as grafting tool
    Which ones do you use DR ?

Sorry guys I should have been more specific. The ones I mean are often described as "professional" Swiss grafting tools. Being a rank amateur I should maybe be using something else!

Swienty have them here http://www.swienty.com/shop/vare.asp...&vareid=112102

Problem is the price - 45 Euros!! When I bought mine from Buzzybeeshop it was about £20.

The thing that's really good about them is the arm of the tool is cranked off to the side of the wee spoon thingy so it makes it easy to see what you're doing. Plus they come in right and left handed models and being a leftie I like that. The crank is to the left in the leftie model and to the right in the rightie.

I tried various of the standard tools (not including the sable brush it must be said) and never liked any of them till I tried the Swiss one. Was hoping there's a UK supplier to be found.

A couple of pics to make it clear what I'm on about. The leftie version of course. Rightie is yellow

Attached Images Attached Images

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Hmm maybe a bit expensive Drumgerry. Think I'll get a bit more basic one first and see how it goes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

larva on brush.jpg

000 sable paintbrush, 75p!

Yep Bridget I'd take Jon's advice. 45 Euros is ridiculous and that's before shipping! Never tried the paintbrush but maybe there's a trick or two to it Jon?